AEB bracketing canon 400d

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
been having a look at trying some more HDR shots, does anyone know if this can be set so it takes 2-3 shots either side of zero instead of just the 1, as i have been told that it makes the outcome much better

or am i being fed duff information and its perfectly fine with 3

thanks
(y)

been having a look at trying some more HDR shots, does anyone know if this can be set so it takes 2-3 shots either side of zero instead of just the 1, as i have been told that it makes the outcome much better

or am i being fed duff information and its perfectly fine with 3

thanks
(y)

AEB is brilliant for HDR. It will take three pictures at different exposures so fast that it is virtually the same as shooting just one. I know one guy on here shoots everything like that, then bins the other two if HDR isn't required.

Three shots is fine. The exposure gap is more important, though I think +/- 1 stops is all most people use you could experiment with 1.5 and 2 stops but the futher you go the more unnatural it looks.

If you shoot Raw, you can get quite a good faux-HDR effect from just one frame if all you want is a bit more dynamic range but still keeping the 100% natural look.

AEB is brilliant for HDR. It will take three pictures at different exposures so fast that it is virtually the same as shooting just one. I know one guy on here shoots everything like that, then bins the other two if HDR isn't required.

Three shots is fine. The exposure gap is more important, though I think +/- 1 stops is all most people use you could experiment with 1.5 and 2 stops but the futher you go the more unnatural it looks.

If you shoot Raw, you can get quite a good faux-HDR effect from just one frame if all you want is a bit more dynamic range but still keeping the 100% natural look.

always on the money with the advice HoppyUK :clap:

In answer to whether it can be set, as far as I have been able to find out no.
There was talk at one point of possibly it being added to the CHDK, but I believe that that has not happened.

Back