Ago at Macro outside ...much need to improve

Excellent set especially for first go (I actually don't believe you however :shifty:)

Your settings seem a little strange to me was this on camera flash or speedlight used? With flash I would reccomend using the sync speed of the flash 1/125 or 1/200 normally also for #2 you used f/32 not sure that's best for a starter would recommend f11 and f16 which you pretty much used on flies.

Edit: This makes it stranger cause the butterfly is a flatter object so doesn't need the extra DOF.

The snail and flies are awesome.

Look forward to seeing more from you :D

Last edited:
Yes this was took with mt speedlight, I also need to get to grips with the settings as all new macro area for me

Thanks for the comments on this and this will not be the last you see off me in this area, I hope to improve over time and Practice

Hi, Yes I would say you got off to a good start, nice photos.
Today is my 1st day with a raynox 250 so im a learner too.
Bonne journee (y)

A decent start. A little soft in places and yeah, f/32 is unusual for macro although I think it actually came out quite well.. Surprised you got so much light in there.

I shoot all my macro at f/11 (although recently started using f/10), 1/250th, ISO 250 and diffused flash, ETTL setting with some exposure compensation dependant on ambient lighting. Can view my macro via the gallery link in my sig.

I'd have rotated the snail shot so that it was horizontal.

...but yeah, a really good start.

Good set, liking the Marchfly, not seen any this year.

Much better perspective of the snail :)

I prefered the original snail IMHO shows their versatility maybe crop a little off the left. Sorry Mark but trying to give you some ideas.

All ideas welcome to me been new in this field

Back