Ah damn, MkIII and err99

dod

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ebenezer McScrooge III
Edit My Images
Yes
First time I've had an issue with this thing. Got slightly wet today, went back out and within 10 shots got err99. Wouldn't have thought it would have been wet enough to cause an issue really though, it's been out in far worse.

Tried cleaning the contacts, different battery, different lens, no lens but it still gives one shot (sometimes) then err99. Am I right in thinking it's a send back to repair job? :(

It certainly sounds like it's a send back for repair job. It's a free fix from Canon though. I've got a link to the repair form if you need it.

cheers

that'd be great thanks :)

No sarcasm,wit or crap intended:

But why,in Gods name, are these top drawer expensive cameras so error prone?

don't suppose its just a moisture error code is it ... would a spell in a bag with some silica gel bags not resolve this error .. ?

just a thought ..

Here you go LINK

When you get to the fault section box, just use the drop down arrow to cycle between AF, Err99 or AF+Err99. It's obvious when you see it. They should contact you to arrange collection by UPS or email you a label so you can arrange it. Best of luck.

Who knows? Maybe in Canon's case they released it too early to counter the Nikon bodies? But if that was the case it's certainly backfired on them. I know they're very complex now, certainly compared to film bodies, but let's face it we're talking about £'000's for a body nowadays and they shouldn't have reliability problems like this.

This one's been totally reliable up to now, probably had about 70K actuations in the last year or so and never missed a beat. Just one of those things :)

Here you go LINK

When you get to the fault section box, just use the drop down arrow to cycle between AF, Err99 or AF+Err99. It's obvious when you see it. They should contact you to arrange collection by UPS or email you a label so you can arrange it. Best of luck.

thanks, it's actually been back for the AF (it was fine before but I thought it wouldn't do any harm) , don't know if they were doing both at the same time. I'll try it anyway :)

Placing in a bag with rice in a warm area works as a drying agent as well if you don't have sufficient silica (y)

sorry to bump an old thread but finally got it back today, been without it for about 6 weeks, mainly due to the carriers :bang:.

Replaced

Charge motor
Mirror motor
Dial unit

Excellent service Canon, FOC under warranty (y)

sorry to bump an old thread but finally got it back today, been without it for about 6 weeks, mainly due to the carriers :bang:.

Replaced

Charge motor
Mirror motor
Dial unit

Excellent service Canon, FOC under warranty (y)
6 weeks?:bonk: I would be going nuts if it was 6 days.

I'm glad it worked out ok. But I must admit 6 weeks doesn't sound fast, but I guess as long as it's fully sorted you can forgive that. At least the price was right :)

cheers

Back