Edit My Images
Yes
AustriaHoliday2007DiscOne253.jpg

AustriaHoliday2007DiscOne246.jpg

AustriaHoliday2007DiscOne081.jpg

AustriaHoliday2007DiscOne076.jpg

AustriaHoliday2007DiscOne071.jpg

AustriaHoliday2007DiscOne027.jpg

The bug was most unwelcome. It landed on my leg, must have been an inch long. Afraid I freaked out and then when it was off me again just had to take its photo.

Andrea

The bug is lovely but the 1st two flowers have a very bad case of camera shake (I'm guessing).

Tbh, none of the flower shots quite do it for me, they either look soft or the composition lets them down.
With the DOF on the orange one, it would have looked fab had it been sharp in the centre.

Love the bug though ... freaky-looking thing that it is! :puke:

These were my very first attempts with a +4 close up filter, its only a cheap one so I was reasonably pleased with the result, they were all hand held, I'm afraid I wasn't prepared to add to the weight I was already carrying up in those mountains by lugging a tripod as well.

Renee you are probably right about the camera shake on the first two. They were taken on the way back of a walk where we turned round. After going over 5-6 gulleys were were the path was only just there and clinging onto the rocks with not much beneath us we reached a part where I refused to go further due to a sheer drop and having a wire rope attached to the cliff which we were expected to cling onto.

I was more than visibly shaking in fact I was terrified and it took me quite a while to settle myself down again. I don't like heights.

Moral of this story is either don't take close up flower shots when you are terrified or don't attempt the walk in the first place. In our defence it didn't look that bad on the map and we had taken the lower path of two thinking it would be easier.

Thanks for looking and the feedback.

Andrea

Back