Critique Alyssa with the new 70-200mm

Simply wonderful... Beautiful subject Beautiful light = great photography..

Thanks for the comments guys.

I just think that there is too much of a contrast between the key (window) light and the reflected light. It's like the window light is good, but the reflected light is harsh.

I struggle to find anything wrong with any of them : If I'd taken these I'd be delighted.

Those are really, really lovely. No crit at all.

They are lovely pictures but if anything (especially in the first) for me you have bounced too much light back onto your daughter. A little less would have added a bit more dimension to the shadows.

Thanks Ryan (she's a friend's daughter), that's exactly what I was referring to when I said I wasn't happy with the light. In order to bounce less light, do you just feather the light somehow? Angle? I did use a silver reflector so I suppose I should have used a white one instead?

Thanks Ryan (she's a friend's daughter), that's exactly what I was referring to when I said I wasn't happy with the light. In order to bounce less light, do you just feather the light somehow? Angle? I did use a silver reflector so I suppose I should have used a white one instead?

A could tell you'd used silver. A silver reflector can be great when there's not much light to bounce but in this case white would certainly have been better. And of course you can feather it away or hold it further away to reduce its effect further. HTH

Back