Amateur Boxing - under 18s

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
Fair play to these guys, its not as violent as pro boxing - but they do give a good hit and theres much more atmosphere at the venue than with pro boxers for some reason. Maybe because they are kids, you have the mums and dads, uncles and aunties etc.. all there, whereas the pro boxing venues I've been too, people seem to be more interested in the food and getting p***ed up :confused:

Had to shoot 12800 ISO, 400th of a second, F4 (as the kids are a bit slower on the punches than the adults, thankfully otherwise I would have had to push the ISO up even more). Think I got the white balance right, the lights were bad. A couple of spot lights on stands and everything else was turned down so low, I cant even figure out how people managed to eat their meals or know what they were actually eating. A lot of wonky images here, other than I was literally on my knees, which was very very painful and the buggers didn't half move around the ring very quick.

15464087478_abfa29ccec_b.jpg

15464087508_2e2fb3c521_b.jpg

15030077623_e8fc03b9a0_b.jpg

15030077503_37eea48c1a_b.jpg

5.. the only adults in the evening. Good punch, it won the match. Really deformed his face on this one lol
15030077313_e19a134bcd_b.jpg

Thanks for popping in.

Looks good to me Carl, #5 is a cracker and a good hit by all accounts too.

Time for some knee pads lol... Don't think the people would want to know what food they are eating.. (what happens to the losers) lol

Jeez that number 5 looks well scary.

Well done fella.

Gaz

Good set! Number 5 is a belter, shock wave of the punch caught well!

cheers guys, yep, after that punch, the manager of the boxer, threw in the towel (I think he didn't want him getting knocked out cold) and the referee called it

Good work Carl. No flash allowed? Suppose I'm quite lucky in that respect as the ones I shoot I can use flash.

#2 is my pick, like your positioning and the colour of the lighting in the background.

Yeah I guess 1/400th isn't ideal for this but the shots look pretty sharp considering :) This is something else I'd like to try :D

You got some good shoot there considering the the low light, what lens did you use

Back