Bargain Amazon Black Friday Lightning Deals - Now on

Name
George
Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
The Crucial 240Gb SSD at <£100 looked a good deal to me. That one might re-appear later in the week.

A word of caution. Ensure that the discounted price, for these Black Friday deals, is actually a bargain!

In the past, some of the items listed, were priced at the current price they could be brought elsewhere.

A word of caution. Ensure that the discounted price, for these Black Friday deals, is actually a bargain!

In the past, some of the items listed, were priced at the current price they could be brought elsewhere.

Wise words.

The Braun 5000 rrp on Amazon is £170 but a quick google indicates it can be had for around the £75-80 mark- not quite the 75% off Amazon claim to be

There also a Canon EOS M Compact System Camera starting at 12pm but there's no link yet... I'll post it when it goes live

Here's the link: Canon EOS M Compact System Camera - Red (18MP, Includes Speedlite 90EX and EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM) 3.0 inch Touchscreen

I see their special £299 price sold out pretty quick, but actually not a huge bargain.

£299 less the £50 cash back seems reasonable, until you realise the EF-EOS M adapter isn't included (like the Jessops and WEX deal).

I know I'd rather pay £299 and get the £109 adapter included, then £249 without it.

There have always been quirks to how Amazon promotes their lightning deals, but there are usually some real bargains available in small amounts dripped throughout the sale. If Amazon pre-deal were offering a £200 RRP item at £150, and in the deal are offering it at £100 they will show it as 50% off, even though it's only 33% off their own pre-deal selling price. Although this year they do seem to be showing their own pre-deal price as the "before" price and only calculating the percentage reduction from the RRP.

You've got 15 minutes once a deal is in your basket to double-check prices elsewhere, and your statutory rights are the same as for any Amazon purchase.

I've notice Amazon prices jump around all over anyway, things will often be reduced for a while then the price goes up to make another similar reduction later, I think it's a psychology trick so they can show a recent reduction you are more likely to buy.
Worth putting things on your wish list and watch for a while if interested but not desperate.

I've notice Amazon prices jump around all over anyway, things will often be reduced for a while then the price goes up to make another similar reduction later, I think it's a psychology trick so they can show a recent reduction you are more likely to buy.
Worth putting things on your wish list and watch for a while if interested but not desperate.

I think it's (at least partially) because the prices are automated in response to sales. If an item has low/no sales then the price is automatically reduced until sales pick up, and if they go over a certain level then the price may go back up again. That's what I read somewhere anyway!

I agree that you need to be careful that what they are offering are really good deals as some stuff isn't any better than buying elsewhere. That said so far I have picked up about a dozen things all of which seem to be going for good/very good prices. My only photography related purchase so far is the little Manfrotto tripod mentioned above, will be interesting to see what it is like. I also noticed that the GoPro Hero 3 Black is coming up later today, will be interesting to see what that goes for...

Just checked and the GoPro is coming up at 2pm, also at the same time are a couple of compacts (Sony and Fuji).

Last edited:
I got one of the photo hatchback bags, still worked out £10 cheaper then the next best on CPB and can always send it back if i dont like it. but your ight some of the savings are based on RRP and not what Amazon were selling things for.

Amazon Germany ( www.amazon.de ) seem to have a lot more deals than the UK site and more photography ones as well. Eg for 28th November Nikon D3200, Fuji bridge camera, Sony Nex 3N twin lens kit, several compacts (Nikon, Canon, Sony HX50), Canon 55-250 EF lens, Cullmann Concept One 622T travel tripod, Walimex (Samyang) tilt shift lenses in Sony, Canon and Nikon mounts, Walimex (Samyang) 14mm f2.8 Canon mount, Samsung Galaxy Camera etc...

Back