Amble - Coquet Island View

Colour for me. Good sky and lovely light on the island + well smoothed out sea. Very pleasing & well composed shot.

I'm a bit surprised to find that I prefer the colour one when viewed large on Flickr, possibly because of the subtlety of colour on the foreground rocks and stones.

Stunning!!!!

I think they're both great and am really struggling to pick one over another. I like the detail and texture in the foreground sand in the black and white one, but the tones of the second are beautiful

Lovely Pair, for me difficult to seperate the two as i like them both. Fantastic textures with sand, rock and weed. I also like the misty sea and scudding cloud (But watch out for the shutter speed police). Its a really cracking sharp forground focus and i love the way the light has picked out the lighthouse on the horizon very nice, and great composition IMHO. Its not often that i see a B&W that equals a Colour or vice versa but this is it. Although i do think that on the colour version the island and light house are picked out much better as is the little puddles in the mid foreground.
Lovely Work, Well Done!

Last edited:
Lovely shot for me the mono version eges it

Thanks for all the positive feedback. Quite pleased with how they have turned out. I do generally tend to prefer mono images but I do like the colour one. I think I will get them both printed and see how they look.

Colour version for me.
Very subtle.

Mono, perhaps it is the cool colour balance due to being in shade and the time of day I don't like so much in the colour but the black and white has a bit more punch and you can sense the motion in the scene better.

Back