An Imposing View

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
A slightly different take on the Memorial to the 'Murdered Jews of Europe' in Berlin. Taken in July 2012, but I decided to reprocess now to add a bit more of a sombre, moody and imposing feel to the image. How I feel a place like this should be experienced, and not the way in which some people choose to when visiting!

What do you think?

10828308266_fa7956516e_c.jpg

Imposition
by Nick.Bell, on Flickr

Last edited:
In terms of the exposure and contrast I really like the variety of tones on offer.

I also like the movement in the sky.

With regards to the composition I think an upright cross could have been a nice idea.

Last edited:
In terms of the exposure and contrast I really like the variety of tones on offer.

I also like the movement in the sky.

With regards to the composition I think an upright cross could have been a nice idea.

:agree:

I also agree places like these should be experienced in a reverend and sombre attitude and I think the processing does that justice here.

Thanks for the feedback all, much appreciated and I'm glad some can see it in the same manner! I have a number of compositions from here but I felt that the more traditional cross-type was a bit static and dull!

Intesresting, graphical. good B&W.

Unfortunately it doesn't say much to me about what it is about, but I suspect that's not you, it is the sculpture that I have difficulty with.

I can understand that, as a sculpture for what it is a memorial of, I don't particularly 'get it', but do know the background behind it. So perhaps that is why! Thanks for the feedback!

Back