an oldie revisited and reworked

Name
Geof
Edit My Images
Yes

at trerice gardens, near newquay

as a small criticism i would say that the face has an un-natural glow. Im guessing you dodged the face using photoshop i would tone it down a notch or two :) good shot tho!

:agree: (unless tht was your 'vision' of course:)

otherwise the conversion to B&W looks very good to me

as a small criticism i would say that the face has an un-natural glow. Im guessing you dodged the face using photoshop i would tone it down a notch or two :) good shot tho!

Daniel that is right and many have commented on how i got the light to reflect off the paper
its all smoke and mirrors and i am ashamed you saw the gauche-ness of it..
toning down is the next step
cheers
geof

:agree: (unless tht was your 'vision' of course:)

otherwise the conversion to B&W looks very good to me

as mentioned to Daniel, Chris, it is defo a dodge job and a bit overdone...fact!
the black to white i thought might disguise this a bit but imho it makes it worse

two great critiques
cheers
geof

I'm not an expert on anything, but I would have taken it easy on the overall contrast and tried to retain more texture on the highlights and shadows.
Fore a more natural look on dodging, copy the main layer and set the blending mode to "lighten".

I'm not an expert on anything, but I would have taken it easy on the overall contrast and tried to retain more texture on the highlights and shadows.
Fore a more natural look on dodging, copy the main layer and set the blending mode to "lighten".

i like that advice...i must and i mean must learn the basics especially how to use layers
i have them on ps2...do you think the "lighten" layer should be there
talk me through it please ...it could make life a little easier for me
cheers
geof

Not sure, as I'm
i like that advice...i must and i mean must learn the basics especially how to use layers
i have them on ps2...do you think the "lighten" layer should be there
talk me through it please ...it could make life a little easier for me
cheers
geof
Not sure, as I'm on CS6, but try the below:
Select your main layer
Press Ctrl+J to duplicate it
Click on "blending options" (it's a drop down menu right above the layers, on the right side of the screen)
Select "Lighten"

It's specially useful for dodging/burning bits of pics without affecting anything but the light. Do not forget to select what kind of dodging/burning you want (shadows, highlights, mediums).

D7B3AABA6AFF47B9B789FB89B71D338C-0000337647-0003358166-00800L-B9E943276651472AAB3CCB4D1E6B3766.jpg

WITH LIGHT LAYER

might have gone astray but here is the original plus original merged with a background layer which was lightened
any good??
hope i can master this..!!
cheers
geof

Back