An owl in Southend !!

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Went down to Southend yesterday, but as I thought we were only going out with the dog for a half hour walk locally I only had the nifty 50 attached.

Between blizzards there was a rather poor turnout for the Shakedown, I was freezing, the kids were running off in all directions, but I did manage to grab this one. Haven't posted anything for ages, so thought it would be a good way to start the working week.....

As always, C&C an absolute necessity, else I'll stagnate in the depths of mediocrity :). Auto Levels, a bit of Sharpening, and a touch of vignetting, and a crop. Otherwise untouched (haven't had time).

2360060511_ff5c51538f_o.jpg

maybe would have preferred more space around, OR him to be centered. Just personal taste though...

I know that face ... :cautious: ... EvilOwl ... :shrug:

Could have been a tad sharper on the eyes but a wicked shot ... (y)

:p

Cheers Gary,
I was tempted to crop all but the eyes again, might try Hacker's eye pop tutorial on it to see if I can enhance the reflection of the buildings behind me !!!
Unfortunately there was far too much space on the original with some very distracting background (albeit nicely blurred) - If I get time later, I might have a stab at darkening just the background, and see what it comes out like uncropped.

Also tried it centered, but didn't really work.

Ven - They were better on the original, think I might have lost some sharpness on the re-size, will try the edit again later.

Chickadee - Thanks for the ident. I'm a proper ignoramus with anything feathery (though I can Identify a Landrover diesel engine by sound alone !!) I only know it was an owl at all when it's head swivelled backwards !!!

As Ven says, its OK, but its not sharp. You can try a bit more PP, but if the details not there then you cant create it

Back