Angry Bloke

Edit My Images
Yes
Anger.jpg

OTT processing

i like the processing, i know some wont, but it works for me...

wish i had pp skill's like that - really should start learning :LOL:

Looking at this chap would give me camera shake :runaway: but as its just a picture I think its great.

Very distinctive and effective style. You've added an extra dimension of mood with the processing (which is why i like processing, you can add whats behind the camera to whats infront of it).

Compositionally the leaning forward attitude works in having the character lift out of the canvas and get in your face. The lighting focuses you on those eyes and grimace. Excellent work in my opinion.

Thank you very much!

Post work was roughly- Hit the high, mid and low tonal range with shad/highlight and blend modes used were overlay and hard light to get a basic gritty look. I took the original layer and did mono conversion using channel mixer> mono and changed channels to a blue bias. Changed the gritty colour layer to 70% opacity and sat the mono layer above this. Set the mono one to blend as soft light. Then I pulled a texture pic over the whole image and blended using overlay and painted out the bits I did not want.
Eye layer was changed in hue/sat then bloated with liquify. Eyebrows 'angered' with liquify. Lip bruising was natural (he fights quite a bit). Hair was done with simple s-curve and then very basic dodge and burn to bring out the highlights. Darkened cheeks and added blip of contrast at the end to make hot spots more obvious and sharpened with high pass.
He has seen it and requested yet more processing. I think its had enough.

Thank you again for the nice comments. :)

Last edited:
really like, I think the processing is great! Conveys the expression in his face

good work :)

I met him down a back street the other day and he beat the crap out of me.!!

Love the processing and really appreciate the fact you have given us your work flow. Will have to have a go myself soon.

Thanks and keep these great shots coming.!!

Like it but think the chicken may have won with the marks on his face although there are a few feathers on him:LOL:

Back