Another batch of candid shots

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
As I was in the area on Sunday I dropped into Victoria Park (London E3) to see what the Paradise Gardens Feistval was all about. TBH I was there a little early and there was not much going on. So with little other choices for picture opportunities I took a few candids of the people.

1) Bendy Balloon Super Hero (?)

2)

3)

4) Maybe a West Ham fan?

5)

6)

7) Oops - got a bit on the nose.

8)

9)

Click on a pic for large!

For me, the first eight photos are perfect examples of how the drive to catch a candid has meant that what constitutes a good photograph is forgotten. All the backgrounds are far too cluttered and add nothing to the photo. This kind of portrait should either be framed much closer to show the character of the person, or much wider to show the contect of the subject in their environments.

The final photo has much more promise, though the challenging dynamic range looks ot have led to blown highlights (on my monitor anyway) I'd look to crop the image to frame the police and stall holders more tightly, croppping to the rigght just past the 'S' on 'Pills' and just below the top of the banner to exclude the top of the gazebo.

Thanks for the useful feedback. :)

Back