Another chapter

The composition works well, the image is clean and balanced. But is that very pink tone was intended? I find it pretty... pink. Then it took me ages, travelling through the frame, to find what was the focal point of the picture which is the "aperture priority" words. It's ok but I find the out of focus glasses quiet distracting. It's not a bad picture, and technically good but i'm not convinced by what you have trying to show with it.

I like it. Spotted the focal point straight away, but also wondering about the pink hue.
I'd maybe crop it slightly to remove the vignette at the top corners.

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments guys. I didn't want the background to be to white just to give the book a bit more contrast but didn't realise it was that pinky? Need to check the colour with the wife next time as it doesn't help im colour blind lol

I thought it had been printed on recycled copied of La Gazetta dello Sport...

Whille it's not an entirely original idea, it's pretty well ececuted imo, I like the fact that only the view through the Reading Glass is in focus - working from the "back story" of the image - if you'd took the glasses off and put them on the book, then why would the glasses be in focus any more than the book would...

Drop the pink tinge a little, perhaps a more parchment kind of tone would work better?

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments Mr Yin.
I always find it funny how an image can be interoperated by other people. When I had the idea for the picture I thought that its statement would be fairly obvious. Yes I agree that Im not the first to try this type of shot but I thought the idea of the shot being relevant to what I was Reading up on (Aperture priority) would give a nice little twist to the image. So yes the only section of the Image to be in true focus is the idea of the whole aperture priority setting hence it saying 'Aperture Priority' lol.
I honestly also found that the first thing my eye was drawn to was the in focus text which personally would then lead me on to the whole meaning behind the image.

I admittedly will have a little play with the tinge as I didn't realise it was so pink! Also if I was to re-take the shot I would probably have the glasses up-side down to show a true reflection of how I would have set my glasses down!

Back