Another closed pub

I love the old looking colours here, especially the blue and brown on the door.

What I really dislike about the picture is that the "prince of" just leaves me hanging. Also the satellite dish is quite distracting to my eyes.

What a pity! To many pubs are closing down for whatever reasons. Nice picture though maybe if you had taken it from a different angle and got the whole sign in it would have looked a lot better. I do like the colours and the signs of dereliction.

Not sure what class of photography these sort of shots fall into:shrug:

I see why people would want to take photographs of beauty be that in whatever genre that is found. I also see the point of creating abstract images which are interesting to the eye and photojournalism to inform and report

A photo of a closed up pub just doesn't work for me on any level but I'm open to persuasion if anyone has any thoughts to the contrary ?

A tighter crop removing the Sat Dish and space left of the door might work better, otherwise good job.

Dave.

Not sure what class of photography these sort of shots fall into:shrug:

I see why people would want to take photographs of beauty be that in whatever genre that is found. I also see the point of creating abstract images which are interesting to the eye and photojournalism to inform and report

A photo of a closed up pub just doesn't work for me on any level but I'm open to persuasion if anyone has any thoughts to the contrary ?

Not sure if it fits into the "urban decay" style/type of photography? Perhaps its not quite decayed enough just yet?

Back