Critique Another Daisie

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Unlike alot of photographers, I dont really do PP, Too long in the tooth for all that serious stuff.
So most of my shots are straight from the camera, Sometimes just a little lift of colour/resize/crop and sharpen.
This shot is just cropped, resized and a little sharpen.

View attachment 23154

Thanks for looking and any C&C is welcome.

The only negative and slightly nit picky is it could do with a little noise reduction on the bottom 3rd.
I do like the exposure and detail, the dark background makes the colours stand out well and the focus looks spot on (y)

This shot is just cropped, resized and a little sharpen.

I think that counts as fully PP'd ;)

I agree with Neil re: all the plus points. I think I would prefer a thin strip more space to the right hand side. The flower seems to be leaning more that way, and the petals fire off almost horizontally into that side of the frame, so you could afford to lose some off the left and add it to the right. It's only a small amount though.

I think that counts as fully PP'd ;)

I agree with Neil re: all the plus points. I think I would prefer a thin strip more space to the right hand side. The flower seems to be leaning more that way, and the petals fire off almost horizontally into that side of the frame, so you could afford to lose some off the left and add it to the right. It's only a small amount though.
Noooo Tim, if pp was to lighten specific areas or to give it more PoP then I might agree with you for pp. Me, it's just basic stuff.
:confused:

I think this is your best shot yet Graham really good composition and nice dof. A little more pp just to make those colours really pop but spot on mate imho.

I think this is your best shot yet Graham really good composition and nice dof. A little more pp just to make those colours really pop but spot on mate imho.

Much appreciated m8 (y)

Lovely shot, Graham. You mean you shoot in JPEG? I shoot in RAW only and all images have to be processed in Adobe Camera Raw. Minor adjustment only which takes just a couple of minutes: brightness, contrast, saturation, White balance, Tint.

Lovely shot, Graham. You mean you shoot in JPEG? I shoot in RAW only and all images have to be processed in Adobe Camera Raw. Minor adjustment only which takes just a couple of minutes: brightness, contrast, saturation, White balance, Tint.

Haha it dont help that im running a machine thats 32 bit so no LR etc or (better quality Programmes) I use GIMP or windows Picture it for my PP. Yes i shoot in Jpeg.
Thanks for your comment, always appreciated. (y)

Back