Another new Ebay Policy targeting sellers

Edit My Images
Yes
Was speaking to a pal today who sells on Ebay and has a 99% positive 900+ feedback score, in the last week he has received two pieces of (he says undeserved) negative feedback from fairly new Ebayers and as a result of this Ebay have suspended his account for 30 days, despite him receiving 20 positive feedback ratings over the same period.

He phoned them up and was told that this is an official new policy to ensure buyer satisfaction, any seller who gets 2 or more negatives in quick succession can expect to receive a suspension ......

ebay seams to be getting worse and worse these days

Thats shocking! I bet my boss at my 2-day a week gets his account suspended more than once in the next 6months :LOL:

People are so quick to leave negative feedback. My friend recieved her first the other day. And the person had only purchased the item 4 days before. And it was for it not turning up!

Last edited:
my parents sell motorcycle parts and send over 30-40 items a day with over 11,000 feedback might be more and we recived neg for a part we listed once for £10.00 these were and still are £100.00 new and left neg for it looking tatty and we describded it like that so why buy just to leave neg there is some complete morons on there

I saw a neg for a seller using a used jiffy bag as opposed to a new one. The best one I've ever seen was from somebody who collected the item in person from the seller. The buyer left a neg because he wasn't offered a cup of tea. I kid you not.

I saw a neg for a seller using a used jiffy bag as opposed to a new one. The best one I've ever seen was from somebody who collected the item in person from the seller. The buyer left a neg because he wasn't offered a cup of tea. I kid you not.

That is so funny! I want to neg someone now and try to come up with a dafter reason.

Also ebay has increased the final value fees to 10% if you use the bidding function rather than Buy it Now!
Seems Buy it Now has cheaper final value fees.
But then might not sell at the price you wanted to.

I once got negative feedback for putting too much protective wrapping on an item, despite not charging any extra for it. I'll bet if I'd just used a jiffy bag instead of a proper mailing box and bubblewrap I'd have got the negative for putting too little protective wrapping on on it :bang:

great - your competitors can take you down with 2 cheap purchaces - priceless

I've had 2 negative feedbacks in the last few weeks, one who said that he could get the same info on the web for nothing and one who claimed not to have received his goods even though I sent them out twice (once normally and once when he complained that the first one wasn't received...
in the past I've had negatives from people who've said 'good' and left neg feedback, from an American who said he was charged too much because of the exchange rate and from a character who threatened to give neg feedback unless I gave him his money back, even though he was happy with the tutorials he bought - and Ebay refused to remove his neg feedback even though threatening sellers with it is against their rules...

TBH, I no longer rely on Ebay. Nearly all of my sales are through my website, following recommendations from others. Ebay is rapidly making itself redundant

In response to the OP - you can see why they're doing it; there's been a huge rise in scams where people take a hugely positive account, set up millions of cheap deals on it, take the money and disappear. By the time people start complaining, especially if they expect the item to take a while to arrive (i.e. it's coming from Hong Kong or something), it's too late for a lot of buyers who've already been scammed.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

I bet it's another rule that doesn't apply to business sellers,they don't want to upset them do they

If only we could leave negative feedback for ebay and paypal themselves!!!

I think the other main problem is the sellar can't leave negative feedback for the buyer who pi£$es you around, then leaves you negative feedback!

Back