Another selfie post - 5 days no shave

Name
Marcus
Edit My Images
Yes
Seems to be all about selfies at the moment. This one is entitled, 5 days no shave.

Self timer on 5D Mkii with 85mm F1.2L, lencarta light 600W Elitepro plus 70cm beauty dish high up, white reflector underneath. Little bit of processing to take out some ugly. C&C Welcome. And before anyone says I look too serious, this is me looking happy-ish.

Me - 5 days no shave by Marcus Charter, on Flickr

Absolutely the only thing that I don't like is the double advertising, Marcus. Love the shot.

I like the processing, tones and lighting, sometimes I feel there's too much red sometimes I don't :D

b65cf488711ac71feedd8f5ad1d89029.jpg

this thumb on the talkphotography home page looks like it has less red.

Last edited:
You look very serious in that shot...... :D

It is a good shot though, but like Dan said above, does look a tad red-ish..... but maybe that's because you're so serious? :D

Now that I can see it on my calibrated monitor I tend to agree about the reds.

EEEEEEKKK!!! Happy?

Last edited:
Like this a lot. Agree with toning down the red saturation.

Hadn't noticed the double advertising bit now I know I feel you should remove one of them!

Nicely done.

S

Hi guys. Thanks for all the comments.

Branding - I was wearing one of my branded t-shirts when I took this, maybe in hindsight didnt need a logo added as well.

The Red - Inhereit to adding a curves adjustment layer with some of the dodge and burn gave it this red tone. During final post work adjusted it out but felt it was missing something, in out in out... I couldn't decide so left it. Nearly went blue tone with this image!

i think black to white with textures enhanced...;)
its a pretty well posed passport composition...is that really you?
cheers
geof

Was this inspired by David Hobby's recent selfie, Marcus?

Tis me! Honest guv! Looking not unhappy!

I've just googled David Hobby's recent selfie and wasn't aware of it till just now, so no. Just a quick grab shot cos I had 5 days growth on my face which is a bit unusual for me, 3 days at most is the norm. Next time going to try and be brave enough to do a week!

Tis me! Honest guv! Looking not unhappy!

I've just googled David Hobby's recent selfie and wasn't aware of it till just now, so no. Just a quick grab shot cos I had 5 days growth on my face which is a bit unusual for me, 3 days at most is the norm. Next time going to try and be brave enough to do a week!

I'll do a selfie of my big fat beard when I have something to take it with. ;)

Got me thinking if we should all do a "movember" - even some of the ladies ;)

Handsome chap Marcus :D Im not sure if its distortion or your left eye is much higher than the right? You've even left some fuzz in the ears :p

Thats a good self portrait. You should do a set of faces :) i.e. happy, sad, angry etc.. would look good (y)

Seems to be all about selfies at the moment. This one is entitled, 5 days no shave.

Self timer on 5D Mkii with 85mm F1.2L, lencarta light 600W Elitepro plus 70cm beauty dish high up, white reflector underneath. Little bit of processing to take out some ugly. C&C Welcome. And before anyone says I look too serious, this is me looking happy-ish.

Me - 5 days no shave by Marcus Charter, on Flickr

Have you ever noticed that your left eye is raised higher than your right? Not to make you all self conscious and sh!t...

Have you ever noticed that your left eye is raised higher than your right? Not to make you all self conscious and sh!t...

Yup... I asked my mum if she dropped me when I was a baby or something!

Got me thinking if we should all do a "movember" - even some of the ladies ;)

Handsome chap Marcus :D Im not sure if its distortion or your left eye is much higher than the right? You've even left some fuzz in the ears :p

Thats a good self portrait. You should do a set of faces :) i.e. happy, sad, angry etc.. would look good (y)
I already have one to go with my beard!

Back