Another 'What Bag?' Type Question ! (Sorry!!)

Name
Kristy
Edit My Images
Yes
Afternoon All

I'm sorry - I know there are some of you that roll your eyes at the prospect of another 'which bag should I get?' post, but I hope that being a girlie I can flutter the old eyelashes and get away with it ??? ;)

I've been pondering for a long while about getting a new shoulder bag, and have decided that a Crumpler Muffin Top is the way to go. I'm been nagged by the birthday elves for a decision now - arghhhhh! I can't decide between a 5500 and a 7500. I think that I'm going to go for a 5500, as I have an ungripped 400d, 17-55, 50mm 1.8 and a 70-200mm plus flash. From some of the posts that I've seen on here (and I've looked at them loads recently!!) I think that'll all fit in the 5500 - unless someone can advise otherwise?

I like to carry my bag in the 'across body' style - can anyone tell me how long the shoulder strap extends to please, as I can't find that anywhere??

And then of course there's the biggest question of all...........which colour ??? :LOL: (kidding - I love the red!)

Thanks
Kristy

Anyone??

Please........................ ????? ;)

I used to have the 7500, i could get a gripped 50d with 24-105, 10-22, flash and a few other bits in it. I did a thread on it on here somewhere. I liked the bag but found it a bit limiting to be honest, not sure how your 70-200 will go on to it, might be a bit tall.

I've got a set-up not a million miles from you, and I use a muffin top 7500 (got one up for sale as well ;) ). It's full with what I use, which is a

450D + Tamron 17-50
70-300 IS + hood
Flash
100mm macro

So pretty much the same sort of things size-wise, bar the 100mm macro and 50mm f/1.8. You'll have room on top of the 50mm, but diameter wise it's not too far off. Unless you want to have the 50mm underneath or on top of the flash, I'd say go for the 7500!

Chris

Clearly fluttering your eyelashes isn't enough round here.:LOL:

I've got a lowepro mini trekker and a crumpler bag, neither of which is big enough for all my gear, well the mini trekker is but it's too heavy to carry about all day.

The crumpler is only big enough for my body(D200 with grip) and a lens attatched, typically 10-20mm and 50mm. But it suits me as i don't like humping too much gear around.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is do you want a bag that will hold all your gear, but be too heavy to carry around?

Oh, and by the way I'm a 16 stone male, I shouldn't complain about carrying heavy loads, I'm just lazy:D

Thanks for the replies all! It's much appreciated. :)

Twentyten - in response to your question - I don't necessarily want to carry everything around as I get back ache, so I'm looking for more of a day bag. I've been using an old video camera bag which has served its purpose, but it's quite, well......dull quite frankly!

I've got a Lowepro Novs Micro which I use if I'm just pootling around, so don't need something really small, and a Hama backpack which holds all of my kit on one place, so am really looking for something in between.

It does need to have a fairly long strap though........too many cakes here! :LOL:

Back