Any Views on These Retailers?

Name
Derek
Edit My Images
Yes
Has anyone ever had any dealings with either onestopdigital.com or simplyelectronics.net? Was looking at an item that both of them (apparently) have in stock at a very good price, but have never heard of or used either of them...

TIA

Not used them myself tbh, but if you do do a search in the "Shopping, Suppliers & Bargains" section here, you'll see that there's quite a few threads that mention them. :)

Summary:
Simply electronics ship from HK but don't tell you
Onestop make no bones about the fact they ship form HK, and provide a very good service (Including a tax free guarantee)

I have bought from simplyelectronics twice the first time was OK the second the robbing ******s took 3 weeks to deliver then they charged my card a second time for £280.00 that they said they would refund but did'nt i finally got the money credited to my account via a visa dispute on Friday, i have also reported Simply to Trading Standards and Customs and Excise as well as VISA as they use the visa assured system but still took money without the use of my password / code. Use steetmap to lookup there address. AVOID at all costs. Onestop i have used twice both times the items have arrived within 1 week as described without problems.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, that's invaluable information from the forum once again - I guess it'll be Onestop for me then. (y)

New Nikon SB-600's, £182 inc delivery/VAT, etc. Seems like a good price to me, second hand ones go for that on eBay.

Last edited:
Onestop-Digital is good, as is Digital Rev. Digital Rev trades on eBay from Hong Kong, although sometimes they have stuff already in London. They also have a UK based online shop with phone support in the UK as well. I've spent well over £3,000 with Digital Rev and had no problems.

I have no experience of SimplyElectronics.

I would never use Digital Rev again based on my experience a couple of years back buying a 120-300. I was repeatedly provided with false information to try and keep the sale when they has sold a lens that was not in stock.

Onestop is good simply electronics is rubbish
I agree - dozens of purchases from Onestop with no problems - 1 purchase from Simply which turned into a nightmare (lens allegedly in stock wasn't / promised next day delivery failed as they didn't have it in stock / 10 days later still no sign of it being delivered so cancelled order / 20 days later got my payment refunded)
Cheers
Paul

I've bought stuff secondhand that originally came from Digital Rev and talking to the original owners they had no problems with them at all. I've heard bad things about simply electronics when researching reviews for them but have had no direct experience.

When I buy secondhand I try and buy stuff still in warranty so I'm always rather wary of getting gear that originally came from an overseas trader. In the case of the digital rev gear I met the guy through here and was happy that there would be no problem with the deal.

Back