anyone got any wasp spray?

We have a load that go in the brick work at home.I don't bother them and they don't bother me.:)

But saying that..when I was a kid I put a stick in a wasp nest and got stung from top to bottom...Learnt a valuable lesson that day..use a longer stick.:LOL:

probably going to leave them tbh, disturbed one in the garden last year, and they attacked my dog, im more amazed at nature realy, and how they build something so big and intricate

When they leave the nest you may have a chance of some good photos.

Dave

its a really old listed house, and im sure theres bats in there too, ill have a better look when theres snow on the ground lol

As per a previous post of mine they will find another way in / out
or chew through what ever you block the holes with

Not sure this is the case, if you blocked the exits with something thay cannot chew through. Also the nest looks sealed, I don't think there is alternative ways in/out.

Not sure this is the case, if you blocked the exits with something thay cannot chew through.
Trust me on this I've been killing the little buggers for about 15 years ;) and they will chew through mortar

Also the nest looks sealed, I don't think there is alternative ways in/out.
If you are referring to the nest in the opening post, you can clearly see the (little black dots)
workers "building / adding too" the nest. ( that nest is active make no mistake about that)
The entrance hole, no wider than your little finger, will either be
directly underneath the nest or maybe at the side adjacent to the out side entry point,
be that loose mortar in the brick work or a roof tile, not necessarily loose either,
as they will squeeze through a gap no wider than the edge of a 50p piece ;)

Not sure this is the case, if you blocked the exits with something thay cannot chew through. Also the nest looks sealed, I don't think there is alternative ways in/out.
The nest is only made of paper. It would take them seconds to make a back door, and I can't see the OP being happy if their alternative route outside leads through the main part of the house. :shake:

The nest is only made of paper.
Well "paper like" anyway.
Its chewed wood, such as fence panels, garden furniture,
dead trees, roof rafters. etc.
Mixed with saliva and pasted on in thin strips

Always remember some guy I used to deliver papers to, he had a hole in his fascia boards and they got in that way, it was a lovely sunny day so he stood out side and hoovered them up one by one, we must have chatted for an hour and he had started long before I there and was there ages after I left. Got rid of the buggers though.

IO found one early in the building process in our old garage......I got the garden hoover and used the end to remove the nest from the garage roof...Obviously with the hoover switched on.... Hey Presto nest gone and wasp well and truly mashed.....

I don't think I'd try it with a fully built nest though....Good Luck !

hate wasps
rode over a nest when I was a kid got stung loads of times, the only good wasp is a dead one.

I would get rid of that asap and for £40 that is not too bad

Back