Anyone purchased from this this site

Name
Denis
Edit My Images
Yes
I was looking for bargain prices for canon lenses and came across Bitesize deals on the web I wondered if anyone had bought anything from them as their prices look good?:)

I have , they ship from HK and delivery is slow but if you can wait they are cheap.

I was looking on there around Christmas for a 70-200F4 lens, which was about £80 cheaper than anywhere. The usual "if it seems to be too good to be true it probably is" was ringing true. After some in depth hunting around, looking on other forums etc, the web site I was looking at was importing them on demand from somewhere (not HK) and there were people not receiving goods payed for / being hit with import taxes etc.

I decided it wasn't worth it :shrug:

I'd suggest that you google bitesizedeals before buying from them. A couple of months ago I tried to buy the 70-200 F4 IS at a price that looked too good to be true. It was too good to be true. They took my money from my account straight away, and I heard nothing from them. I emailed about 10 times over a period of two weeks, before getting a reply saying that they were currently out of stock. It took a further three weeks of emails trying to cancel my purchase. They provide no telephone number, so the only way to get in contact is via email. Eventually I got my money back, around 6-7 weeks after taking it from me in the first place. Reading complaints about the company on the web made it a very nervous 6-7 weeks.

The company is based in the USA, and you will most probably have to pay import tax on top of the initial outlay. I'm not saying that they don't send what you have ordered, but the worry of them taking your money, and not being certain of delivery or overall cost is not worth the savings in my eyes.

I see myself as being lucky that I got my money back. Moral of the story is to thoroughly investigate any companies that you have not bought from before. I wish I did.

Thanks guys I really appreciate your reply's and taking on board what you all state I think, unfortunately that it is a bit to good to be true. I reckon I will have to settle for somewhere like Amazon, £75 or so dearer but a safe genuine deal.
Thanks again, Regards denis:)

Despite the .co.uk domain name this company is located in USA. Any items shipped from the USA to UK is liable to import duties.

Read very carefully their terms and conditions and pay particular attention to their returns and refunds policy.

I placed an order with them and realised too late that they were not a UK based company. I tried repeatedly to email them to cancel the order (there is no phone number) but after 2 weeks they shipped the item anyway.

I have no way of redressing the situation as they state on their website that if I refuse delivery they will charge an unspecified restocking fee.

My advice generally is to make sure you buy anything online from within the EU in order to ensure your consumer rights are protected.

Please pass this advice on to anyone you can.

Also if anybody has had a problem with this company Martin Lewis at Moneysavingexpert is conducting an investigation into this particular company and would like information;

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=20336225#post20336225

Kerso sells Canon lenses for the same price as bitsize. He is a trader on this forum and ships from Scotland.

He will send you a price list by email.

John

Back