Anyone received their Fastpack 200 from Digital Camera Yet.

That's really strange.. they have been handing them out like sweets for long enough.

Still no bag. Just cancelled my subscription. They told me they are sorry they are out of them, and can't get anymore.:bang::bang::bang:

Thats a shame, I know they must have been struggling or they would not have been sending out the 250's. Obviously run out of them too :(

No doubt it says "while stocks last" somewhere in the small print. They could send me a monopod instead (y)

It does, but they say replacement gift must be to the same value or above. They quote the bag as being worth £65. I bet the monopod isn't to that value!

I'm not too worried about the value - within reason - but a monopod is something I want so it would be worth more than its value.

We sound like a load of old crocks. I always use 2 poles when coming down hill and always take a knee brace or 2 if coming down a mountain, due to arthritis in my knee joints.
My solution at the moment is to leave my DSLR at home on mountains and take my creative compact. Not ideal I must admit, but needs must.
I imagine that the best solution would be to get a good quality Manfrotto monopod or similar, because anything which operates by twisting rather than sliding type clips is just impossible to adjust (in my opinion) though others may disagree.

Another crock:bang: see above. Could be the weight of our camera bags. :thinking: My bag is quite light however, due to the fact that it hasn't arrived yet.:D

Thankfully my knee problem isn't arthritis, something to do with my kneecap and anti-inflams do the trick when it plays up so as long as I take care it shouldn't get any worse, hence the need to get a pole.

Interestingly, I've been to the Doc's twice with it and both times I could tell he was heading down the 'take Ibuprofen and rest it' route but I mentioned that it interferes with my walking and he look confused - probably because I'd walked into the surgery OK - so asked what I meant; I told him I go out walking, he asked how far I walked, 'oh, 15-20 miles'; all of a sudden he takes a lot more interest :LOL:

You all need this invention i made the other day mono pod walking stick

300 pounds +p+p :LOL:

It really works:thinking:, the tripod mount stays screwed on the bottom of the camera and the bottom leg extends to the correct height with just one flick, just dropps down , set right for my eye, pop camera on to pole and Bobs your granny....

Forum members £250.00 + P+P..:naughty:

My bag arrived today i still can't fit all my gear in, 2 bags required, stll a good bag, bit tight could have done with a bigger one.

Regards Mark.

Hi the 200 arrived i have to keep all my gear in it, as i have a very inquisitive 2 year old, my gear has to be kept down stairs as i can nit go up and down to get them if the wife's out, may have to split into two bags, it very nice just needs to loosen up a bit, stll new and stiff -unlike me who is old and stiff:LOL:

Regards Mark.

I subscribed I think on Tuesday, to Photoplus and had a Flipside 200 arrive yesterday as they were out of the Fastpack 200's

But I have a Nikon! Now if only Future would bring out a PhotoPlus (Nikon edition) I'd be happy!

But I have a Nikon! Now if only Future would bring out a PhotoPlus (Nikon edition) I'd be happy!

Digital Camera magazine isn't just for Canon. It was Digital Camera that was offering the bag, but the offer has finished now. They are offering a 5 in 1 reflector now if you are interested.

used my fastback 250 for the first time today.put my sony alpha 350 with the 17-70 sigma and 75-300 sony lens' in it,plus a circ pol,some cokin filters and bits and bobs to boot.plenty of space for that and more in the other compartments too.it's very comfortable on the back,and when i needed to,easy to get into the position for quick removal of your camera...

i am loving this bag already,and will definately be my walkabout bag when i don't need to carry everything plus the kitchen sink...highly recommended (y)

used my fastback 250 for the first time today.put my sony alpha 350 with the 17-70 sigma and 75-300 sony lens' in it,plus a circ pol,some cokin filters and bits and bobs to boot.plenty of space for that and more in the other compartments too.it's very comfortable on the back,and when i needed to,easy to get into the position for quick removal of your camera...

i am loving this bag already,and will definately be my walkabout bag when i don't need to carry everything plus the kitchen sink...highly recommended (y)

Glad you like your bag Mark. Another good result.(y)

Still no bag. Just cancelled my subscription. They told me they are sorry they are out of them, and can't get anymore.:bang::bang::bang:

:thinking: You cancelled your subscription,.........then you finally receive your bag,:thinking: so the bag has cost you just one magazine(y)

I got a flipside 200 (blue for boys)this morning, that will do nicely for ones panny stuff ones thinks :LOL:

I got a flipside 200 (blue for boys)this morning, that will do nicely for ones panny stuff ones thinks :LOL:

Yeah me too :( but it's better than the bag I already have and it was free so I guess I should be happy :)

Tried it out this morning and it worked really well. I was only taking D80 and Sigma 10-20 lens in it though, but I also had room for a waterproof and could have got a couple of other lens in too if I had wanted to. The other thing in it's favour, it makes a nice support for the camera when you haven't got a tripod with you.(y)

Yeah me too :( but it's better than the bag I already have and it was free so I guess I should be happy :)

Tried it out this morning and it worked really well. I was only taking D80 and Sigma 10-20 lens in it though, but I also had room for a waterproof and could have got a couple of other lens in too if I had wanted to. The other thing in it's favour, it makes a nice support for the camera when you haven't got a tripod with you.(y)

I've got a tamrac expedition 7 for my main dslr stuff but this fits all my panny and raynox stuff nicely. I guess it will come in handy for the odd light trip too.

Still waiting for mine to arrive :(

Picked mine up from the sorting office today. Bit on the small side for the 10D and battery grip so may not get much use.

Still waiting for mine to arrive :(

Me too....... Although mine is from PhotoPlus. I rang them this week and they agreed to 28days but 28 working days. Never heard that one before but as long as I get it by mid Sept as they promised!!

Wow Parish - you're patient. I hope it arrives soon for you. I lost my temper and cancelled the subscription, but now sorry I did as I really liked the magazine.:bang:

Well, I got fed up of being patient so I've just phoned them. Apparently there wasn't a free gift "attached" to my subscription Huh??

Seems there was some 4-digit code that I should have entered on the subscription page but since it was so long ago - 6th Aug - I can't remember. As far as I know I just follwed the link from the banner ad here at TP.

Apparently I can cancel the subscription (but I have to do it in writing) and take out another one but,

a) they have no more Lowepro bags left

b) There is currently no free gift attached to PhotoPlus magazine.

:bang: :bang:

This smacks of yet another one of those scams where they advertise free gifts etc. but there's something hidden in the T&Cs (in this case the mysterious code) that serves no other purpose than to catch people out so they don't have to give away so many freebies - just like Cash/Cheque back scams on mobile phones (I got stung by Phones4U whose T&Cs are different n the website to the ones in-store, obviously designed to shaft people like me who do the research online then buy in store).

Oh well....

Edit: Well, I've just been to look at their website and apparently there's a Manfrotto monopod as a free gift with PhotPlus - despite just having been told that there is no freebie with PP at the moment :bang: :bang: :bang:

Life used to be so simple......

2nd Edit: Just gone through the subscription process for PP on their website - all but the final confirmation - and there is definitely nowhere where I need to enter a promo code. :bang: :bang:

Scathing letter being written (I'm good at those).

Last edited:
sorry to hear of your woes parish...when i subscribed to digital photography over the phone,they asked me for a promo code relating to the fastpack offer,which was on the subscription/offer page in the magazine...this tends to be a common place thing,as it's the same on the bike mags i have subscribed to in the past...

phones4U have done the same scam with me in the past,now i just get the best deal and forget any cash back deals,as they're not worth the paper it's written on..

edit had no problems with carphone warehouse with their cashback deals...

Hi Parish, when I subscribed to mine I found the only promo offer was in the magazine where it gave you a link to the webpage with the promo code attached to the end. The best way to do it is to go to Smiths, look at the subscription offer page, copy the website link which will have / followed by a promo number at the end. When you actually get to this website it should have the free offer. I reckon they do this so that you have to buy the magazine, but we have ways of getting round this - thankyou W H Smith reading library.

I've tried to resubscribe to Digital Camera, so that I can get the new offer, but it won't let me, just tells me the offer is no longer available. I will wait awhile and then get my hubby to reorder in his name. Who knows - I may be lucky then.

Sorry you have had a bad deal.

By the way, you can cancel your subscription in writing but you are still liable for the first quarter subscription £11.95 in my case, but that does get you 4 copies of the magazine,Sept, October, November and the extra Autumn copy. The reason they are telling you there is no offer is that you are still listed as a subscriber now until you have received your November issue. That's the conclusion I came to in my case.

Last edited:
Parish, I subscribed via the original url in your post.
I noticed aftwerwards that you'd edited you post and added a different url and if I remember correctly, this was to get the first 3 editions of the mag for £1 each?
Obviously by then it was too late for me but my bag arrived a couple of weeks ago.
I'm just wondering if the problem was down to the offer with the 2nd url?

By the way, you can cancel your subscription in writing but you are still liable for the first quarter subscription £11.95 in my case,

Not if I instruct my bank to cancel the DD I'm not :LOL:

Parish, I subscribed via the original url in your post.
I noticed aftwerwards that you'd edited you post and added a different url and if I remember correctly, this was to get the first 3 editions of the mag for £1 each?
Obviously by then it was too late for me but my bag arrived a couple of weeks ago.
I'm just wondering if the problem was down to the offer with the 2nd url?

I think that was because the first URL I posted wasn't the one I used.

I've remembered now. I clicked the banner ad in the first post of the August comp. thread which takes you to a page where you select Renew or New Subscription and your country - that page displays a code (W012) - but when you click Continue it takes you to a form that has nowhere to enter the code, and the guy on the phone said that I hadn't entered the code in the box.

Incidentally, that link still works and is still offering the LowePro bag :bang:

I've written to them pointing out that two things their chap said on the phone (the other being that there was no current freebie) contradicted their website and suggested - politely but firmly - that perhaps their website needs a dose of looking at.

Hopefully, if they've got any sense of Customer Service, they'll offer me the monopod (which would be more use to me anyway) in order to keep my custom - we'll see.

Back