Anyone still use Bellows for Macro?

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All

Just been reading up on this, didn't know they actually existed/what they did.

Does anyone still use Bellows for macro work?

A few people have mentioned(on other documents) about using a prime lens with a bellows, instead of a dedicated macro lens, ie using something like bellows + 50mm 1.8 and getting some pretty amazing results. Anyone ever done similar or have any feedback on this idea?

It just an adjustable extension tube and will work fine even with a macro lens. Probably only really able to use them on a tripod tough.

Bellows can be a very good way of getting into macro photography without too much expense.:)

I use them on a medium format camera mainly for copying work enabling me to get exactly the right amount of magnification that I need.

They can be had for a very reasonable cost to fit an SLR type of camera and can be used with virtually any lens with the correct adapter that can be stopped down manually. Some bellows can be had that work with all the lens contacts for exposure etc but these will cost quite a bit more. Another combination that will give "Excellent" results is bellows with a good quality enlarging lens. Enlarging lenses are designed for close focusing and have a very flat field which is good for macro work. Really good quality ones can also be had for just a few pounds.

George.

I used once and sell it. It's too bulky and "tripod" only. Prefer my Tamron 90mm macro with extension tubes, gives more magnification than I really need.

Can also get them new from Amazon - here is a set with Canon fitting. No doubt they will make others.

Back