Anyone use teleconverters?

Edit My Images
No
Sorry if i'm being a bit dim but a newly acquired kenko 1.5x tc is confusing me.

i know this costs 1 stop of light but when i fit it to a 35-135 lens on my 30d, it causes the camera to overexpose. if i dial in -1.0 to -1.3 stops exposure compensation, its about right. this is the opposite of what i expected.

i expected the metering to cause underexposure, why isnt this the case?

I do not have to correct for aperture, exposure or anything so it may be your camera/lens/ TC combination that is not communicating properly.

I'd do a check on the lens make & model compatibility with the TC. There is no universal compatibility with these things even if the bayonet mount is correct.

Sorry if i'm being a bit dim but a newly acquired kenko 1.5x tc is confusing me.

i know this costs 1 stop of light but when i fit it to a 35-135 lens on my 30d, it causes the camera to overexpose. if i dial in -1.0 to -1.3 stops exposure compensation, its about right. this is the opposite of what i expected.

i expected the metering to cause underexposure, why isnt this the case?

May not be compatible with that lens, try reading through this LINK, you may find some info that relates to this issue

Back