Anyone used/heard of this place?

Robert White are one of the best and most respected independent photography dealers in the land. Call and buy with confidence. (y)

You have to ADD 15% for VAT remember.

I did not see that. Why is it not "standard practise" to either inlcude/exclude VAT on prices? rather annoying...

Robert White are one of the best and most respected independent photography dealers in the land. Call and buy with confidence. (y)

Good to know! thanks

I did not see that. Why is it not "standard practise" to either inlcude/exclude VAT on prices? rather annoying...

Robert White are used by a large number of professional photographers who can claim back the VAT on their purchases, hence, I would imagine they provide trade prices to cater for the majority of their customers.
It's easier to add VAT on than to work in reverse :thinking:

They are a long established and reputable company, with a large professional customer base.

Robert White are used by a large number of professional photographers who can claim back the VAT on their purchases, hence, I would imagine they provide trade prices to cater for the majority of their customers.
It's easier to add VAT on than to work in reverse :thinking:

It's a legal requirement to publish prices available to the general public showing vat included. Years ago I had arguments with Expansys over exactly this, when they brushed my complaints aside, I complained to one of the regulatory bodies (ASA, OFT - can't remember which) and they forced them to comply.

Anyway, Robert White advertises every week in Amateur Photographer. Been around for years.

The reason they do not show prices with vat is due to the fact that they deal internationally. They are a very knowledgeble and the customer service I have recieved is second to none and I would not hesitate to recomend them.

Last edited:
I can speak highly of them. Yes their prices are good (just add the VAT!). Bought lots of my studio kit from them over the years...

Allow me to throw-in my vote for RW. Their service are outstanding, as is the list of things they stock (y)

And another big thumbs up from me too! (y) Top service and great advice come as standard. :)

Back