Anyone used smick.co.uk? recommendations?

Name
Sydney
Edit My Images
Yes
So far I have my eye on :
Floorstand Lighting Kit with 26cm reflectors:
https://www.smick.co.uk/sonline/con...p-lighting-kit-with-26cm-reflectors-p613.html
The website 'smick' also has an incredibly helpful youtube channel - if anyone would be interested - great for beginners (like me)

I was just wondering if anyone has ordered from them and could let me know if you feel their products are decent value for money. For me, this is just what I need and in my price range - a really, really decent price actually. Also, any information on you experiences with them.

OR as an even LONGER shot, there could be someone out there with these exact lights and looking to sell 'em - I'm your gal!

Otherwise, if anyone has any recommendations of websites with a good reputation that sell similar lights for a better price/secondhand price please let me know!

I've not had any dealings with this Company, in fact I had never heard of them. However, they have been on Ebay since 2003 as Smick Trading, with 100% feedback on 8932 items. The Company (Vistarex Ltd) was incorporated in 2007 and has regularly filed returns since then. The Company has one director and a company secretary in the name of Sadler, possibly a husband and wife team. There has been a number of fraudulent websites of late, such as Planet-Canon, but this one looks to be completely legitimate. Hopefully somebody else can advise on the products and value for money.

I purchased a set of 2 studio flash heads, stands, modifies IR triggers etc a couple of years ago, no problems with delivery of failures all working fine the soft box is a pain to set up but all else is very good and fklash is very powerfull 600 per haed

Hello Sydney,
have a look at these, very close to the same money £120 but with proper soft boxes to help diffuse light correctly. (same 500 watt output)
Have a look at the other stuff they do you may see something else even more to your needs/budget.

Hi buddy,

I bought a large reversible background some time ago and it was delivered on time and was very good quality.

I don't know if he still does but Gavin Hoey used to use Smick gear if you look at his older YouTube stuff!

Ahhh brilliant everyone (sorry I've been slow replying - not been on my laptop much, sorting a lot out right now!) I'm glad to hear that I can trust smick then, retrosi, I'll have a little look at your suggestion and do a little weighing up and comparing before I decide what to buy - thanks so much guys! :)

Back