Anyone using a Tamron 16-300mm

Name
Jonathan
Edit My Images
No
Thinking of buying the Tamron 16-300 and wondered if anyone on here had first hand knowledge of it yet?

Cheers

Just bumping this too as it sounds a good tool for when you want the do it all option

my dad recently got the 18-270 and its decent enough, about half the price too

It depends what you want from a lens, if you want one lens to carry around all day and take snaps, it meets the criteria, but don't expect stellar performance and great images as these hyperzooms don't really deliver in performance or IQs, but if you're not wanting to change or carry extra lenses, then a lens like this fits the bill.

http://www.lenstip.com/405.11-Lens_review-Tamron_16-300_mm_f_3.5-6.3_Di_II_VC_PZD_MACRO_Summary.html

"if you take into account the target audience of that device, it still remains an interesting option. It will perform well on every trip, it will be a great lens for just walking around. After all holiday snaps are not supposed to bowl you over with their outstanding resolution"

I've been tempted to ditch my Tamron 18-270 & Sigma 10-20 and buy this lens instead. Never really bothered with wider end of the Sigma, in fact it stayed in my bag most of the time when I was on holiday last year and I might not take it with me to India this year. Oh decisions decisions :)

Should be getting mine next week from the US. DigitalRev wouldn't do it for the price I wanted, until the day after I placed by US order, then they dropped the price quite a bit! Still a lot cheaper from the US though.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Just another bump of this thread. Tamron have £50 off atm and I'm hopping to be climbing Cotopaxi next summer.
Any more people using it?
Fancy throwing some sample images in?

@jsstevo did you get the lens? What are your thought?
I need mine to climb a mountain with (Ben Navis, Elbrus & Cottopaxi). Are the better then a bridge or pocket camera?

Back