Aphid and Barkfly.

Edit My Images
Yes
I found this guy glowing in the dark leaves today. I love how they move and this one has a lovely shape to it.

Aphid. by T0P cat, on Flickr

Aphid by T0P cat, on Flickr

Thomas Cunningham-5.jpg by T0P cat, on Flickr

Aphid by T0P cat, on Flickr

A little spider the same size as a Collembola, quite colourful.

Tiny spider by T0P cat, on Flickr

And a Barkfly that led me a merry dance, he was just to fast but i watched him hide in a curled up leaf. I had to guess the focus point as it was to dark in there and the flash unit is lighting this from the other side of the leaf.

Barkfly by T0P cat, on Flickr

Thanks Mark, that was almost straight out of the camera too, just a small crop. The sun was shining very bright behind it so i held a leaf behind it and tried to expose for that leaf.

Great set of images T0p cat, I like them all very much.(y)

George.

Yes the 4th one is brilliant. Very strong image, but all are good.

I've got a fair few shots of bugs that I've had to shoot through a leaf. They rarely work out well (losing a lot of contrast and detail) but I think that barkfly is quite nice. It looks like it lives inside a volcano :)

Thanks George and Tim, comments appreciated. Yes you are correct about the detail loss on the barkfly, I had to brush on plenty of contrast.

As above #4 is a cracker and I must congratulate you on the lighting as these beasties are so easily blown.

Yes no4 is amazing lit from the back through the leaves I agree about cropping it I would take a bit from the top and RHS
the aphids are great too

Back