Arches

Edit My Images
No
DSC_0035.jpg

C & C appreciated

Cheers

PRB
:)

I like the colour and the shapes and the lighting however something disturbs me about not seeing where the arches truly start and finish - I'm sure its a psychological thing on my part :cautious:

Just a sense of incompleteness. Odd.

John

I really like that - a little bit abstract & quite interesting. Not too fond of the window in the lower right, but that's about my only gripe!

I'm undecided about the incompleteness.

I can see what the others are saying, and where they're coming from, and they're probably right, it's probably a phsycological thing.

For me though, it doesnt make a difference, I think its better like that. Makes it more interesting and makes you look around more.

Tack sharp too (y)

Thanks everyone for your thoughts

It was taken inside the India Building in Liverpool and I loved the architecture.

I have some shots that show the rest so may post one of those later but I took this cos I liked the patterns of the arches.

It was hand held and shot from a landing / gallery, 1/2 way between the ground and the top, so I had to be pretty steady as the light was lower than it looks

PRB
:)

I think if 1/2 cm was trimmed off the lower edge - so you couldn't see the start of the transition to the supports (particularly to the left) I'd be less 'disturbed' - its the fact that I can see the next stage of the arch does it for me....but all else is lovely!!!

Back