Ouch I bit my tongue

13915560326_6204981cde_b.jpg

I'll just stare at them

13939112314_a46700b3b4_b.jpg

This is just boring

13938721023_0d5d9699a6_b.jpg

But look at my teeth

13915560396_5dce9cf506_b.jpg

Ingrid - Nice set & amusing captions you've added. Where were they taken :thinking:

I'm not sure. Are they wild or are they just trying it on? They look (to my VERY untrained eye) like wildcats but could just as well be domesticated or hybrids! AIUI, one of the problems real wildcats face is the dilution of their bloodline by hybridisation - presumably with wildcat toms breeding domestic queens (unless wildcat queens get rather more sociable when calling!).

What a brilliant set especially love the last one but they are all great spot on composition too

Ingrid - Nice set & amusing captions you've added. Where were they taken :thinking:

Cheers Keith, all at the BWC

I'm not sure. Are they wild or are they just trying it on? They look (to my VERY untrained eye) like wildcats but could just as well be domesticated or hybrids! AIUI, one of the problems real wildcats face is the dilution of their bloodline by hybridisation - presumably with wildcat toms breeding domestic queens (unless wildcat queens get rather more sociable when calling!).

They are actually Scottish wildcats Nod, all DNA tested for purity, their mother is one of the purest in captivity. destined for onward travel to
breed with other tested cats in the hope of reintroducing them to a safe area in the highlands in a few years time

What a brilliant set especially love the last one but they are all great spot on composition too

Cheers Pete, I was fater one of them leaping for the chicks they are given during the talks, but failed miserably with only one hand and a monopod :(

Good set, hard to view them as wild as they look so 'normal' ... I bet they would let you know if you tried to pet them :)

Excellent Ingrid, especially if you were shooting thru the black netting

Cheers Rob and yes they were :)

Good set, hard to view them as wild as they look so 'normal' ... I bet they would let you know if you tried to pet them :)

Thanks Gramps, apparently they can't be approached at all, the keepers go in for the talks but can't touch them

Thanks for the info, Ingrid.

BTW, I should probably have said what a lovely set they are, showing great natural behaviours but from you, we expect nothing else!!!

I'd have waited 'til your elbow was better Ingrid ;)

Only kidding ... another lovely set (y)

Wild? They look bloody LIVID to me!! :LOL:
Lovely set Ingrid.

Thanks for the info, Ingrid.

BTW, I should probably have said what a lovely set they are, showing great natural behaviours but from you, we expect nothing else!!!
Thanks Nod, much appreciated :)

I'd have waited 'til your elbow was better Ingrid ;)
Only kidding ... another lovely set (y)

Pah I'm not, almost given up with the camera now and I have a special whipsnade visit looming :(
Thanks Neil ;)

Wild? They look bloody LIVID to me!! :LOL:
Lovely set Ingrid.

So would I be if someone locked me a cage Ruth :D

LOL & Nice set Ingrid :)
Love the snooty one (#1) (y)

Thanks Chris, these three are last years kittens and will shortly be moving on to join the breeding programme, sadly they will
probably never live in the wild but it is hoped that their future offspring may.
They have 2 breeding pair and and had 5 kits last year, so fingers crossed :)

Back