Captive As requested!!

Nice liking the proccessing, would have liked to see the second one, without the hand covering the face, but they are treasured memories, still beautiful

Nice liking the proccessing, would have liked to see the second one, without the hand covering the face, but they are treasured memories, still beautiful

Me too. He really didn't want his pic taking and this was as good as we got!!

very good shots
what is your set up...do you vary it
and the wide format...is it to take your watermark as well and you would print these in a conventional way
envy your technique

very good shots
what is your set up...do you vary it
and the wide format...is it to take your watermark as well and you would print these in a conventional way
envy your technique

Hi Geof

I do vary the set up occasionally (depending on time available!) - however I had 20 mins to set up and get a couple of shots, so I played very safe with a tried and tested set up. I know I can get the "bedroom wall studios" set up quickly!

The wide format.....just like it (probably because I've watched too many films!) and I like the negative space. It's not to take the watermark as such (when I started the watermark was out of the picture and in the border!)

Printing wise , as close to the cinematic format as I can get!

Cheers

S

Love your images - you're getting a signature style that is hard to beat!

Totally agree with this. Love seeing your work. I don't mind the hand in number 2 either. I think it's a great pose. With no hand, it would just be too similar to the other IMO. Variation is what makes it work I think.

Your shutter speed seems to have changed between the 2 shots?

The second for me - there is too much light coming 'up' in the first. I know its meant to be clamshell but I's still rather the key above.

Your shutter speed seems to have changed between the 2 shots?

The second for me - there is too much light coming 'up' in the first. I know its meant to be clamshell but I's still rather the key above.

Yeah - that's fair!

Shutter speed wise, honestly can't recall as the lad wasn't happy at all -it was a bit frantic so best laid plans went a bit out of the window! He liked playing with the soft box and the lower light!!

Thanks for the honest crit Stevie

S

the shot of Harry is great. perfect moment. Gesture is everything. The 'problem' with Eva's shot is the fill light under the chin - being so bright it blends into the face and doesnt show separation.

Nice shots. The only think I'd pick on is the PP on her eyes and they look a little over-brightened.

Back