Asian Beauty - new shot!

Name
Jay
Edit My Images
No
I have just done my first Asian Beauty shoot on the weekend with a make up artist and two models and absolutely loved the shoot, brilliant experience.

I haven't seen much of this around the forums, or maybe I have just missed it out but you will be seeing this a lot more often from me in the next few weeks so I hope you like this.

Heres one shot i've almost finished processing:

#1 New Edit
3626243522_d00b7f7afb_o.jpg

3628620495_fff4e05538_o.jpg

3636373359_fbb6c1f18b_o.jpg

That isnt where my watermark is going to be on the final shot.

More shots will be coming later this week :)

Please do let me know your thoughts.

Jay.

Last edited:
Great photo
Only thing for me is the whites of the eyes look a little to white but that's just me great shot though!!

nice and very fresh. Never seen this before but awesome beauty shot!

agreed with the above comment about the whites though

Looking forward to more

Thanks everyone for your comments.

I do agree that I have overdone the whites a little in the eye - I will go back and correct this as they stand out a little bit too much.

@Tim.

The lighting set up was a beauty dish on the model, and a gridspot on the background.

Very good lighting! Excellent colours as well. ;)

Beautiful model with great clothing and lighting.

But as others have said; the eyes are wierd. That shadow above her chin is distracting too and a little softer light/matte make-up on her face would stop the highlights burning out.

All "nit-picking" comments I admit, but this is already good; fix the above and you're up to the next level.

L

Fantastic Jay, keep it up. Model is gorgeous, the lighting is fantastic, you can't go wrong mate. Nice one :D

Beautiful model with great clothing and lighting.

But as others have said; the eyes are wierd. That shadow above her chin is distracting too and a little softer light/matte make-up on her face would stop the highlights burning out.

All "nit-picking" comments I admit, but this is already good; fix the above and you're up to the next level.

L

Thanks for your comments

I definitely agree with your crit; the shadow on the chin is due to the positioning of the reflector which I will remember for next time. Looking back at the original image - I've actually emphasised the blown out bits through some levels adjustments, I should go back and fix this.

I wouldn't say Beauty :p

But one amazing shot , great lighting... Well done

The term "Asian Beauty" is referring to the type of shoot. Whether you think she is a beauty is irrelavent, but thanks for your comments.

Na , i would say why but i'd probably get banned LOL

I would definitely be interested in hearing why, but keep it off this thread :nono:

The model is stunning and so was your shot lovely colour and lightl

Lovely shot - the lighting is spot on. This is something I would love to try.... but a bit practice first!

I think this is a great shot. Like has been said already, stunning model. If I could make one slightly negative comment, it would be the hair almost blends into the background on the top right of her head, but that could be my screen being a bit dark. Maybe a hair light would fix that but I'm probably being picky.

I think this is a great shot. Like has been said already, stunning model. If I could make one slightly negative comment, it would be the hair almost blends into the background on the top right of her head, but that could be my screen being a bit dark. Maybe a hair light would fix that but I'm probably being picky.

Thanks,

Thats a very good point that you've made about the hair blending into the background, thats something i'll definitely think about for my next shoot. I actually got two of these shots printed, I need to make it lighter overall because the print came out a little bit darker.

Last edited:
I have actually redone the editing on this shot, you can see that below as well as a new photo that I have edited from the same shoot:

#1 First shot, new edit
3626243522_d00b7f7afb_o.jpg

#2 New shot:
3628620495_fff4e05538_o.jpg

Stunning. I adore the light, the colour is rich but not ott. Detail is excellent and the girl is simply gorgeous. Very very nice work.

Back