Aston Martin

jkp

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
A couple of pics of an Aston Martin AMV8 that I had the pleasure of working on.

I got myself a tripod and had a play about in aperture mode. What a difference this makes.

am14.jpg

am16.jpg

am18.jpg

I'm still in a huge learning curve and tried a lower iso setting. Normally shoot between 400-800, but shot the #1 on iso 100.

Still pleased with the results. C+C welcomed and any pointers would be great.

Regards, John

If you're using a tripod and shooting a static subject, then 99% of the time you should be using a lower (the lowest available) ISO to retain as much quality as possible.

Is there something wrong with my exif viewer? As number 1 shows as ISO 400, not 100 like you say it was shot on.. And #2 and #3 show as ISO 320 on a 400D, a setting that camera doesn't have.

Some decent shots there though, of a very nice motor. (y)

Terrific shots of a superb auto ... :clap: ... and WOWSA ... that shine is to die for ... :eek:

Shame it is grey and not Green though or I might just have had to order one ... :shrug:

;)

:p

what a beutiful car! number 1 for me mate i always try to shoot between iso 100-400 i think you made the right choice on that one its nice an sharp!

Not sure what happened there? The pics were shot on a Canon 400D. Pics 2 and 3 show the same as you have on your viewer.

This was the other pic i had taken before realising that I had left my cables on view behind the Aston.

am12.jpg

Does the 400 have Auto ISO though Jay ... might account for the in between numbers if it does ... :shrug:

I believe the 400d was the first to feature this, tried it on 40d last week and quickily went back to manuel due to it setting itself too high imho.

Nice shine there though, nearly as good as my car when its clean lol

Does the 400 have Auto ISO though Jay ... might account for the in between numbers if it does ... :shrug:

That could be what's happened as I snapped a couple freehand before switching to the tripod.

Not sure what happened there? The pics were shot on a Canon 400D. Pics 2 and 3 show the same as you have on your viewer.

This was the other pic i had taken before realising that I had left my cables on view behind the Aston.

Never mind the cables Jkp ... :cautious: ... could you send round to me whoever was responsible for the superb valeting on that ... :D

Another terrific image ... (y) ... you could always clone out the cables quite easily to save the shot ... ;)

Never mind the cables Jkp ... :cautious: ... could you send round to me whoever was responsible for the superb valeting on that ... :D

That would be me, a total of 10 hours machine polishing. :wacky:

But on something like this it is well worth it for the final results. I'm not sure on advertising rules, and mods please feel free to delete any referencing if this is inappropriate on here...

Here is a small write up I completed on Detailing World

Aston write up

This kind of work is what has got my interests up in photography and being able to display my work as best I can, and enjoying it

Not at all. Thank you very much. I need to have a play in elements and try to get the original like that.

...John

Very nice shots, but can't help thinking a polariser wouldn't have gone a miss. Mainly for the full car shots... :thinking:

I know it's been polished to the nth degree, but it's taken on an almost Terminator style invisibilty in shot #1 :D

Last edited:
That would be me, a total of 10 hours machine polishing. :wacky:

But on something like this it is well worth it for the final results. I'm not sure on advertising rules, and mods please feel free to delete any referencing if this is inappropriate on here...

Here is a small write up I completed on Detailing World

Aston write up

This kind of work is what has got my interests up in photography and being able to display my work as best I can, and enjoying it

That is a fascinating insight to your work John so thanks for posting the linky ... (y) ... and I have to repeat it's a real quality top job ... :clap:

So very disappointing you are not down here in the South East as I could certainly do with someone who cares so passionately giving my motor the once over in similar fashion ... :cautious:

If you don't mind me asking what would be the charge for such a spiffing job ... :thinking: ... feel free to PM me if you'd rather not post such details on here ... :shrug:

Nice shots mate, but if it's broad daylight there isn't a need to shoot any higher than ISO100, even handheld....unless i'm totally wrong?

Very nice shots, but can't help thinking a polariser wouldn't have gone a miss. Mainly for the full car shots... :thinking:

I know it's been polished to the nth degree, but it's taken on an almost Terminator style invisibilty in shot #1 :D

I actually got one of these when I bought the camera. I was not sure when, how to use it, but will try it on the next one. Thanks for that (y)

Nice shots mate, but if it's broad daylight there isn't a need to shoot any higher than ISO100, even handheld....unless i'm totally wrong?

Not sure. Still learning, but never thought to try it on ISO 100 handheld. Another thing to try and play with next time... :clap:(y)

Unless you need to keep the aperture high and shutter fast and there isn't enough light to allow what you're wanting to do, you should leave the ISO as low as possible all the time, as a general rule.

ISO as low as you can go.
Polariser is a neat bit of kit. Stick it on your lens, point the camera at a machine of your choice with plenty of reflections and then rotate the polarising filter and see what happens! Glare disappears and you can refine the appearance of reflections. Sort of.

Back