At last some pictures from me !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
As I've been out the past few days I've taken a few shots & these are my first ever attempts at little beasties but gave up on my DSLR & had my Canon G15 which took these four. The Canon has a small VF but hard for me to use as I'm not very flexible so trying to get close, frame &focus was hard :)

Woo hoo! Really glad you a feeling well enough to venture out John. The first is my favourite of this little lot and I really like how you have composed this (lots of depth just behind the hoverfly, and nice "environmental" style to the front.

I'm feeling a bit sorry for those caught in the web, but it will be worth keeping an eye out for that spider. Looks like she'll be getting nice and fat, and hopefully won't be too quick on her feet as a result ;)

Great first go, and it will become easier with practice :)

Well i am going to copy Tim with a 'woo hoo' as that is thoroughly needed, what an ace set you have there John:banana:

That first one is definitely my fav.. those colours, the light:D

my first ever attempts at little beasties

Which makes the first one even better. :) Nice one John.

The Canon has a small VF but hard for me to use as I'm not very flexible so trying to get close, frame &focus was hard

Would there be any mileage in live view? The LCD is fixed I think, but even so, have you tried live view?

(Lovely picture of the young lady btw.)

Just make sure you don't fall out OF your chair or WITH K - if you do the former, the latter is almost a cert!

Cracking set from a compact let alone from someone with your limitations, John.

Hope to see you soon now I'm independently mobile again!

Brilliant captures John and following the crowd #1 is my fav. But I do like the bee one but as Tim said there is a big fat heffer of a spider waiting for you to shoot.

You obviously taken good notice of all our f ups and come up trumps.

Thanks guys (y)

Nick I initially tried the VF but it would have meant me bending further down than I was able so I used the LCD which is fixed on this version of the Canon G series. Then the trouble was the bright light but wanting to try & get at least one useable shot before everything flew away. I now accept the Canon G15 can get close but I will need to work on the taking technique & also the DSLR with the flippy screen is not up to macro without some embellishments which I am going to get. The good thing about Raynox is that will fit the DSLR as well as the Canon G15 which is an advanced compact. :)

Superb John great shots you must be pleased with those, I would be.

Just make sure you don't fall out OF your chair or WITH K - if you do the former, the latter is almost a cert!

Cracking set from a compact let alone from someone with your limitations, John.

Hope to see you soon now I'm independently mobile again!

Yes I read you have your licence back & that driving is like riding a bike you never forget. Kathy fell down a few stairs a while back & I was threatening to drive which I haven't done for about three years now but she immediately confiscated the car keys. I'm not even safe of the Shopmobilty Scooters so she took the right decision :LOL:

Thanks for the comments & it has been good to het a few shots under my belt this week as I'd almost given up hope & thought my new camera would be for ornament only :)

Thanks Lee & Steve - there is a high standard on this section but I thought I'd better just get something up to show willing :clap:

:clap: Lovely set, John. Glad you're up and about. Looking forward to more now

Nowt wrong with them plus the spiders are having a good time too ;) Keep em coming John ;)

Thanks all & I felt the first was the only keeper but I only took about 20 to net this down to these four. I didn't just want to put only one up so thought I'd better 'bare my soul' & put my favourite (number one) & some of the rejects to prove I'd tried. I must say I found the PP somewhat different to stuff I'd taken in the past - buildings & landscapes. Too easy to over sharpen for a start :thinking:

Me, me, me.... :)

Seriously I'd be ratty and upset if I couldn't get out so well done you. That first image is amazing for the G15, slightly too vibrant for me but a great capture.

Seriously I'd be ratty and upset if I couldn't get out so well done you. That first image is amazing for the G15, slightly too vibrant for me but a great capture.

Never shoved the vibrancy or says slider up -promise :)

But not sure what me me me means :thinking:

LOL - just read the other day your post about not getting out, then this one... then it was the me!!!!!!!!!! in the subject. ;)

Is that image straight out of camera? It's got great detail. How close did you get not to distub the insect?

LOL - just read the other day your post about not getting out, then this one... then it was the me!!!!!!!!!! in the subject. ;)

Is that image straight out of camera? It's got great detail. How close did you get not to distub the insect?

Here's a screen grab of the LR settings - I had a preset I'd made which seemed to suit it with a couple of extra tweaks.

If I'd had my wits about me I should have reduced the speed & set a higher aperture but I wanted to make sure the BG was out of focus - but I need to re-learn what I have forgotten :banghead:

@Byker28i a muted version especially for you???????????

Glad you were able to get out and take some shots John must be frustrating :)
really like the first one good composition as he's looking into the shot
The green is a touch bright I find it hard to get the greens right too
May be worth experimenting with the sharpness slider this shot looks good but you may find that 100% on the slider is too much
I normally do about 35 to 40 on the slider and then a little bit in Photoshop as a last step after resizing and any cropping

Glad you were able to get out and take some shots John must be frustrating :)
really like the first one good composition as he's looking into the shot
The green is a touch bright I find it hard to get the greens right too
May be worth experimenting with the sharpness slider this shot looks good but you may find that 100% on the slider is too much
I normally do about 35 to 40 on the slider and then a little bit in Photoshop as a last step after resizing and any cropping

Thank you (y)

The green (and other colours) came straight out of the camera but one of the reasons I had a play & put the muted version up.

Sharpening is one of the hardest parts to get right but the conclusion I came to, after viewing lots of YouTube tutorials, is providing it looks right for how I use the shots I feel quite content - I think :thinking:

Too many sliders - too may PP programmes :confused:

Great photos John, and a keeper rate of 4 in 20 puts me to shame, yesterday I rattled off about 100 and got one..

Just pure luck and I mean that.

I can take, like you, 100 shots and bin them all & the next 100 & the next 100 etc :eek:

Back