Critique Australiana PT1

Edit My Images
Yes
Hey guys - after recovering from the blistering critique I received last time (warning: self-depreciating sarcasm), here are some recent shots I am proud of for one reason or another. I added what was trying to achieve next to each one.

I would appreciate any and all feedback, comments, questions, speculation and rumour.

1. I loved how incredibly blue the ocean was, and how the jetty looked so small in comparison - so I was trying to bring out those two things.
Jetty by Mr.Dunne, on Flickr

2. The sunset wasn't magnificent, but I really was taken by the romance of two people sitting watching the day slowly die, so I hoped to draw on that feeling
Couple by Mr.Dunne, on Flickr

3. This bench is literally in the middle of nowhere, looking towards nothing - so I was trying to show how empty the whole expanse is - and how absurd the bench is
Mt. Rouse by Mr.Dunne, on Flickr

4. When walking alone in a forest I often feel like it streches on forever and my senses get dampened a bit - I was trying to capture that cosy and overwhelming feeling
Euchalypt Ground by Mr.Dunne, on Flickr

5. With her head down and her hesitancy I hoped to capture the 'slowly, slowly' approach many of us have when we first walk into cold water
Waiting by Mr.Dunne, on Flickr

equally no 4 is the best and with a lot of interest...
cheers
geof

in my opinion, number one doesnt have much in it. Theres an awful lot of dead space.
Number 2is a good idea but i think your compositionwas wrong. Maybe a lil less sky and nd filters where needed here.
Number 3 .. its think nd filters as the top is just blown out. Also if your trying to show the expanse of the shot for me you needed two things. A wide ass lens and lots of dof.
four isnt a bad shot but the lack of colour makes it bland. Maybe would be better in the peak of autumn or spring.
Five i quite like but that sky needs a lil more colour. Seems very washed out against the blue sea.

Hope that's not to harsh

I like #4, although I would like even more muted colours to give a feel of dread. I think some early horror films used a technique that left the silver on the film to achieve an ery look?

Back