Autum and Winter ...a thread for all....

Name
susie
Edit My Images
Yes
I thought it would be good to have a thread similar to the flower one where we can all post the odd shot...there are lots of lovely colours starting to emerge.....here's one for starters ...everyone welcome :)

14959336617_b63a97b6aa_b.jpg

Really like that!! Almost like little fireworks going off inside the flower!

Heres my 2 bobs worth, taken in Feb this year, its Mimosa, it smells lush and everyone goes mad for it, they even hold festivals for it.
Mini balls of "Lush" I should call it :clap::runaway::wave::)
Another great thread.
View attachment 20010

Last edited:
My best ever autumn picture I think. This shot is the current month in the SurreyLife calendar.

Not up in the house though as they absolutely destroyed the composition when they cropped it. Did it differently for the exhibition than they did for the calendar too. The dangers of not having the control over the end product sadly.

on the fly... by markhortonphotography, on Flickr

I like the edit Bryn ... really nice warm autum tones.

Spurred on by the brilliant shots on here I'm determined to get some decent funghi/mushroom/toadstool shots this autumn/winter .... Its my mission :)

You and me both.. hoping the wood next to my house might be hiding some of these treasures. Brilliant shots all.

My best ever autumn picture I think. This shot is the current month in the SurreyLife calendar.

Not up in the house though as they absolutely destroyed the composition when they cropped it. Did it differently for the exhibition than they did for the calendar too. The dangers of not having the control over the end product sadly.

on the fly... by markhortonphotography, on Flickr

Ah the lovely Fly Agaric -(Amanita muscaria) can't wait till these show again, lovely image by the way Mark

Les ;)

Last edited:
That looks interesting for a November shot Graham...lovely colours.

I mentioned earlier about the fungi shots...you may all already know, but apparently the red spotty toadstool ones are around in Sept to November so it may be worth looking...
Lol thanks susie, Im in the south of France, winter is summer here :eek: No chance really to find them red ones I think.

Well it is the season to be jolly :runaway:
And its not all about winter bugs/trees/leaves blah blah blah

View attachment 20330

Fell in love with this little cluster of toadstools at Thursley

Nifty at f1.8

Thursley fungi... I
by markhortonphotography, on Flickr

Nifty f2.8
Thursley fungi... II by markhortonphotography, on Flickr

Nifty f2.8 - wider view

Thursley fungi... III

100mm at f7.1

Thursley fungi... IV

Super find there Mark .....love the composition. I zoomed in on the last one on Flickr and it really showed the lovely light caught on it.

Last edited:
I started my mushroom quest today ...I took a walk around the local churchyard...this hasn't quite worked out as I hoped but it's a start.
15021932119_3b4e08f0d7_c.jpg
Ya needs a flash :clap:

This looks a great thread especially for us new to macro like myself , some great close ups giving an example of what macro is all about.
Well done Susie a great idea.
GEORGE.

Back