Autum and Winter ...a thread for all....

Went back to Pinsla Gardens yesterday....a huge change since we were there in the summer....a touch of autumn in the air.

I couldn't resist using the sunglow again...it seems to give it a real autumny glow o_O :)

15059207659_21dfa8d2e7_b.jpg

Stunning.... hope that is going up on your wall

Hiya Susie, great thread that I've only just come across :)

By chance I took a couple of shots yesterday, had to Google what the first were :confused: apparently they're fairly common (if I have them right), Orange Peel fungus. They were growing in quite a dark spot so needed a bit of flash

orange peel fungus
by Phil D 245, on Flickr

This little group were sat in some nice sunlight coming through the trees, bit of a heavy crop as they were a bit awkward to get the pov I wanted. I have no idea what they are called but guessing mushrooms :D

Mushrooms
by Phil D 245, on Flickr

Went out yesterday evening to get some landscape shots, but got distracted by this leaf! Haven’t really used my macro lens much since I bought it back in May, but now that Autumn is pretty much here I think I’ll be doing more macro work over the next couple of months! Natural lighting with the Sigma 105 macro on a 5DII

Autumn Leaf by Carl Hall Photography, on Flickr

A fresh layer of 2014 Autumn leaves, that had recently fallen on previous seasons leaves.

Oh, and a Neonate/newborn baby snake, Vipera Berus (Adder) which i was lucky enough to sight amongst the leaf litter, on the woodland floor.

This image is uncropped. cheers Paul.

Note- this tiny snake, if coiled, could easily fit inside the raynox 250 macro lens cap!

Neonate/Newborn Adder (uncropped). 16th-September-2014. by Testudo Man, on Flickr

Last edited:
Inspired by the lovely mushrooms etc., on here I went out again looking looking ... I was hoping that after the rain there would be some but couldn't find any....I did like this tiny little flower though...and the spiders webs looked gorgeous in the afternoon sunshine ... natures diamonds :)

autumn26 by susiejb2, on Flickr

raindrops by susiejb2, on Flickr

There is some wonderful images in there guys (y)

Late flowering passiflora.
I'm even more impressed that it actually did.
It was a 2 foot sprog, when I planted it in July this year

As for this one, I thought it was called Water Hawthorne,
perhaps it should be called Water Hilton!

Back