Autumn Cobbles

Name
Steve (Being Kind)
Edit My Images
Yes
I took this shot today and processed in two different ways. Which version is your favorite?

First one for me as your eye can follow the cobbles off into the distance.

I like the first one it has better colour and I prefer the whole image being in focus.

First shot in the lead regarding voting then.

Really like that Steve.
Simple, but something very effective about it. I like the contrast of the warm leaves and bricks against the bluish cobbles and the angle/perspective is very interesting.

It definitely has to be no.1 for me too in terms of processing.
I'm finding the second one a little too disorientating, almost as if I'm about to slide off the edge of the road. There's a little of that with the perspective of the first one too but in a good way - it's just a bit too much for me in the second.
Although if you were deliberately going for that dreamlike, exaggerated effect you've nailed it with #2.

Thanks Sarah for the comments and everyone who has also made comments. The shots are the same image but the second shot has a Gaussian blur added to the top and bottom of the shot. The angle or perspective is caused by the Sigma 10-20mm zoom set at 10mm and used to create a line of sight from bottom left to top right and the leaves used as a contrast to the drabness of the cobbles as Sarah mentioned.

Really nice Steve, first one for me aswell, love the paving stone,s on the other side of the road, nice texture and i have a thing for old brick,s so i really like the wall in the top right hand corner, Nice
Dave

Not sure why but i like the 2nd one:shrug: , guess its the DoF. Which one do you perfer Steve ?

Really like that Steve.
Simple, but something very effective about it. I like the contrast of the warm leaves and bricks against the bluish cobbles and the angle/perspective is very interesting.

It definitely has to be no.1 for me too in terms of processing.
I'm finding the second one a little too disorientating, almost as if I'm about to slide off the edge of the road. There's a little of that with the perspective of the first one too but in a good way - it's just a bit too much for me in the second.
Although if you were deliberately going for that dreamlike, exaggerated effect you've nailed it with #2.

Thats pretty much what I was thinking.

No1 for me - not too keen on the blur in number two

Nice shot Steve

Les (y)

Back