Autumn finds.

Edit My Images
Yes
I discovered something today!. If you go hunting mushrooms you find bugs and if you then look for bugs guess what you find. :whistle:

I made a nice new big diffuser to use for mushrooms as i have found the best place for off camera flash has been right next to my camera anyway, and as most fungi are bigger than the bugs i find, i thought a big soft box type diffuser might help. Well i found lots of bugs today ( sods law ) and was so wishing i had my usual diffuser on. I was struggling to get enough light on the critters and mostly forgot that i could up the ISO :withstupid: as i have been so used to low ISO with a decent diffuser.

Here is a mix of things from today. Nearly all taken with 100mm + 68mm extension tubes. I really wish i had more mag today as everything was tiny even the fungi.

This fungi was tiny, i only spotted it because of the red outer radish type of look.

Thomas Cunningham-7.jpg by T0P cat, on Flickr

Never seen this type of Lady before, again very small.

Thomas Cunningham-4.jpg by T0P cat, on Flickr

Thomas Cunningham-2.jpg by T0P cat, on Flickr

A very young woodlouse. it couldnt seem to walk yet. It was moving like a maggot.

Thomas Cunningham.jpg by T0P cat, on Flickr

A mushroom shot i am happy with at last.

Thomas Cunningham-3.jpg by T0P cat, on Flickr

This was interesting i stopped to take a shot of a fly and noticed this tiny silver bump that looked out of place it was only when i focused in i could see the creature coming out of the cocoon. It was so small this is a massive crop.

Thomas Cunningham-3.jpg by T0P cat, on Flickr

What a great collection and all great finds, in all the shots you have great colour,detail and sharpness, all great attributes for a great shot.
I like the arty farty one and the shroom below (y)

Great set same LB I recently shot will dig out ID if someone doesn't before me.

What a variety on show (y)

lovely set -I can tell you the Mushroom shot you're happy with is called Angels Bonnet (Mycena arcangeliana) and is in fact a Mushroom considered by some as edible yet unsubstantial and not worth collecting

Les ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
"Cracking" set of shots TOp cat, I like them all very much and I am envious of all your finds.(y)

George.

Top shots,you have great patience to achieve that set,congratulations.

I just googled the images of them and a few of them are quite dark, though admittedly most of them are bright. Come to think of it i don't remember him moving at all.

Oh sorry, I thought I had commented here already...

Fantastic selection there, I think the lighting is spot on!

Back