Autumn Golds

Name
Damien
Edit My Images
Yes
My last play with an FX camera for a while. I hired one form lenslocker for a wedding I shot this weekend. I made the most of the hire by venturing out to Millennium Wood in Cricklade yesterday morning. I deliberately placed the log at the front of the frame for some foreground interest and shot at F/2.8 to blur the background. I did some post-processing in photoshop CS6 to make the colours really pop out and selectively enhanced the rich golds in the foreground, while retaining the natural greens still evident in the trees. Hopefully, this has worked, I'm actually pretty pleased with the final result. I'd be very happy to hear your feedback.

EXIF: Nikon D600 | 24-70mm at 55mm | F/2.8 | ISO 100 | 1/8th second

View attachment 21577

I think I prefer the one you posted from Savernake.
This one leaves my eye wandering for something of interest, and I'm not sure the blurred background is doing it any favours.

Fair feedback. I'm just experimenting with different ideas at the moment and it was my last chance to play with the D600 before I sent it back. I now have to get used to using my baby D3100 again, lol. We should organise another outing soon! :)

I like the shaft of sunlight and I think you could have made more of it.
It might have been better if you'd placed your object of interest (the log) so the light fell on it.
You said you did some work to make the colours really pop out, but to me that's not really happening, the overall effect looks a bit flat.
Like JakeT1992, I'm not really keen on the blurred background.

Back