Autumn in the Lake District

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

I spent this weekend in the Lake District, but the weather was not the best! Rained for three days solid, but did get a few breaks and a few I'm quite happy with. I still struggle with composition I'm afraid, so would really value any advice.

Thanks
Steve

1)

Rainbow Over Tarn Hows by Steve Babb, on Flickr

2)

Rainbow Over Tarn Hows by Steve Babb, on Flickr

3)

Autumn at Tarn Hows by Steve Babb, on Flickr

4)

Lakeland Mountain View by Steve Babb, on Flickr

5)

Stockghyll Force - Ambleside by Steve Babb, on Flickr

6)

Lone Decayed Tree by Steve Babb, on Flickr

7)

Stockghyll Force - Ambleside by Steve Babb, on Flickr

8)

Lakeland Mountain View by Steve Babb, on Flickr

I have a few others on Flicrk and found it hard to choose my favourites. If someone has time to look, I'd value your thoughts on if I made the right choices?

Thanks for looking.
Steve

Took a look in your Flickr stream some lovely work in there Steve

Of those the one with a rainbow is best IMO, I might tinker with a darker themed version of it.

Lonely tree for me, very moody sky. Maybe moving a little to the left to fully separate the left hand side of the tree from the background.

Thanks guys. I'll have another play with the first rainbow image. Maybe a little flat. As suggested, try to improve contrast and make more moody / dark.

On the lone tree, yes, should have moved left a little, but lots of sharp bushes. Should have found a gap.

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

Regards
Steve

Are the first couple Tarn Hows? Lovely autumn colours. Always think landscapes like these benefit from a more panoramic shot (of 2 or 3 images). Not much you can do now but something to bear in mind for next time

Thanks for all the comments guys. Yes, it's Tarn Hows. I'll look at a pano next time. Like you say, a bit late now! Many thanks, Steve

Nice set 6 & 7 are my favourites

Back