Autumn in the Lakes

buckas

Mister Forum Regular
Name
Drew
Edit My Images
No
Hi all, here's a collection of shots from our two week holiday in the lakes a few weeks ago. First week's weather was good, with only one decent misty morning - second week very wet, with the odd spell of good light.

Newlands Valley
This was taken on a lovely sunny afternoon after walking up to the summit of Cat Bells near Derwent Water. Fabulous winter afternoon sun bathing the undulating Newlands valley and fells.

Newlands-Valley.png

#2 Esthwaite Dawn
With the hope of some beautiful sunrise colours I dashed out of our holiday lodge and down to the waters edge at Esthwaite Water. Taking in the peace and tranquillity as the sky intensified.

DBP_3428-copy.png

#3 Lakeland Mists
Hanging mists across the autumnal Lakeland countryside looking towards Ambleside and the northern end of Lake Windermere, Ambleside church spire most prominent.

Lakeland-Mists-copy.png

Lakeland Cottage

DBP_1675-copy.png

Lakes in Autumn
Hanging mists across the autumnal countryside looking towards Ambleside and the northern end of Lake Windermere.

Lakes-in-Autumn.jpg

Loughrigg Vista
View across Loughrigg Tarn at sunrise from the summit of Loughrigg Fell, looking across Elter Water towards the Tilberthwaite Fells & Wetherlam.

Loughrigg-Vista.jpg

First Light
First light strikes rocks on the summit of Loughrigg Fell, looking across Elter Water towards Wetherlam.

First-Light.jpg

Wast Water - On the Rocks
The odd glimmer of light at Wast Water but mostly lots of showers and strong winds. As such went for a longish (8 secs) exposure to smooth out the distracting water ripples – even had white horses on it at some stages, really does whip along the valley there!

DBP_3538-copy.png

Lakeland Life
Climbing to the summit of Gummers How, we were treated to some lovely autumnal afternoon light, with long shadows and backlit mist across the countryside towards Newby Bridge.

DBP_3738-copy.png

Make a Wish

DBP_3413-copy.png

White Walkers
A field & bare tree in the Lake District under a near full moon – long exposure shows movement of some sheep

DBP_3385.png

Wray Castle

Wray-in-Autumn.jpg

few more to come

Cheers,
drew

cracking set there, did you stay (or eat) near Wastwater? That's where i live.

I particularly like no.1 the best :)

Another great set mate. Tell you what. No.9 would look great on a big canvas :naughty:

cracking set there, did you stay (or eat) near Wastwater? That's where i live.

I particularly like no.1 the best :)

Thanks, stayed near Esthwaite & Crosthwaite

Great selection.

Thanks

3 and 9 stand out to me Drew, great set of images.
Thanks
Lovely set mate
Thanks
Another great set mate. Tell you what. No.9 would look great on a big canvas :naughty:
:ROFLMAO::LOL: thanks man
Nice set,I wonder where all the nice weather was :)
Thanks
Superb set , love the light in the new lands valley shot.
Cheers
Cracking set. Very nice work. Good stuff!!
Thanks
3 for me...love it :)
Cheers Rory

1, 3 and 9 for me! A cracking set though, you made really good use of your time.

Cracking set, I can't believe I had forgot to comment on these. Really what comes to mind when seeing the words Autumn and Lake District. The Wild Wast Water is superb.

1 .3 . 12 WOW :cool:

Back