Critique Autumn Lake District

Name
Craig
Edit My Images
Yes
Quick dash up to the Lake District, great to be sleeping in a little 1 man tent again on the hard ground and get some fresh air. Been a few years since I was last there so spent a bit of time checking out locations for future trips but here is a small selection from one day up there taking shots. Really looking for C and C be as harsh as you like.

Blea Tarn Light & Shade by Craig Hollis, on Flickr

Slaters Bridge by Craig Hollis, on Flickr

Slaters Bridge by Craig Hollis, on Flickr

Stanley Ghyll Force by Craig Hollis, on Flickr

Loughrigg Fell by Craig Hollis, on Flickr

Grasmere Autumn Reflections by Craig Hollis, on Flickr

A lovely set. No6 is my favourite - the colour, shadow, reflection, smoke, all add to make a interesting image.....nice.

Very nice set. No.1 and 6 for me. Would like to see a bit of a panoramic of No.6.

Great set Craig, I like them all very much, thanks for showing them.(y)

George.

Wonderful set.
Number three is my favourite as we scattered my friend's ashes at that spot.
You got some fabulous light.

A truely great dash craig liking #1 very striking indeed, the wall bottom right I feel is drawing the eye away, and then on the other side of the coin, great anchor indeed, thank you for sharing
Kevin

Beautiful work here, you've captured some great scenes. I agree with ST4 about number 6 though, at first glance that tuft of grass distracted me and I feel it would look better if you were up to the shoreline when you took the shot.

I've always fancied going up north for a few days by myself with a tent and a camera, I think it would be a great way to shoot landscapes

Reactions: ST4
Beautiful work here, you've captured some great scenes. I agree with ST4 about number 6 though, at first glance that tuft of grass distracted me and I feel it would look better if you were up to the shoreline when you took the shot.

I've always fancied going up north for a few days by myself with a tent and a camera, I think it would be a great way to shoot landscapes

Do it, then continue up here...

It's how I did Wales and will be doing Wales

Yes Number 3 for me also! Lovely set Craig, No3 has a great perspective, Lovely clear water, just showing the river bed. Excellent reflection and strong diagonal from the right (and Left) leading you into the bridge and right into the shot. I really like the silhouette of the tree highlighted against the bright blue sky, and the light hitting the mountainside is great and brings up the colour well.
Also really like 2 for much the same reasons.
No1 as also a great shot, This has really nice light too, with a shadow split down the diagonal center. Lovely vista view of the Tarn and the surrounding mountains, love those mountain hugging clouds.
A close run thing ranking these Photographs Craig, Well Done Nice Work!

I could never get all my garbage in a 1 man mountain tent, always used a 2 man, no better way to visit the mountains!!

(y)
They are ALL great but my fav two are no's 3 and 6.
Can't wait until Feb. when I'll be there again, bet the scenery won't look like that then though.

Cap

Thank you all, Kevin I know what you mean about the wall bottom right in 1. Here is another shot with more wall in, hopefully taking the eye towards the Langdale Pikes.

Blea Tarn Light & Shade by Craig Hollis, on Flickr

Steve ST4 I agree and would have loved to have got closer to the Lake Shore but due to lack of planning my car was stopped blocking someones driveway and the light was fading fast! Steve Bonni thanks for the detailed reply.

Great set Craig. 1 and 6 are the standouts for me.

Your revised picture 1 with more foreground is outstanding. Love the deep oranges on the hills/mountains and the light fall on the tops of those trees in the valley.

Your revised #1 is the winner for me. Beautiful shot. Lovely richness and the composition works well. I've sat up there at dawn a few times and just love the view. The wall as it goes down towards Side Pike is a favourite view just along from there.

Very nice work from start to finish.

Thanks all, and thanks for the location tip Eljay, I nearly ran up there late afternoon!

Back