Autumn MX

Wow! These are so sharp and full of energy. Love the mud splashes feels like I am almost there watching :)

1 and 5 were my favourites because I do like a stare and you caught them spot on.

Not keen on the static spokes in 4 though.

thanks folks

unfortunaltly I dont often have the luxury of shooting slow speeds to get the motion in the wheels as i do this for a living and print onsite so cant have lots of duff shots just to get a few good ones. For me its get the shots in a certain amount of time normally around 2 hrs, and in that time scale covering several different groups of riders at different parts of the track so no second chances, then load them up to the viewing station and get printing. That said i do still take the odd slower one :)

888_0160 by Harry Picturebike Lessman, on Flickr

I fully understand why you shoot to get keepers, Harry.

As you know, it just never looks right to me.

I suppose it's like those landscape folk with a wonky horizon syndrome:rolleyes:

I most certainly disagree with Jonty about shutter speeds though!

Last edited:
Horses for courses i guess..

some of these where shot faster than many i take as there at f2.8 as i was after the dof and separation, i no where Jonty is coming from as i tend to like the roost frozen in many shots as like the detail. 1/800 i find a happy medium as still gives movement in the tyres.
The majorty of slow shutter mx ive seen have been pretty boring paning shots as the berm smashing action is so irractic its near imposible to capture at a slow speed because the bikes jump about and change direction....

Back