Critique Autumn still lifes

Name
Julian
Edit My Images
No
Last edited:
the same slab in all 3? Looks great, just shows with a bit of lighting in different directions, you're getting several different effects with the slab. Nice work Julian (y) and I like the objects on the slabs too, nicely lit with minimal shadows and some cracking colours too

These are excellent and I love the background. The conker photo brings back memories.

the same slab in all 3? Looks great, just shows with a bit of lighting in different directions, you're getting several different effects with the slab.

Thanks Carl. Yes, the same slab in each. #1 was taken quite close up, at more of an angle to get the right wash of light above the conkers. If I recall correctly, this is the only one without a diffuser. The other three had exactly the same lighting, what changed was the position of the slab relative to the light source. in #2 it was from in front (ie top of the picture), in #3 side on, and in #4 from top left.

The conker photo brings back memories.

That's the highest praise possible, thank you! If I can bring out an emotion in the viewer, the image has done the trick :)

Back