Autumn Woods Scene

Edit My Images
No
A picture of Autumn while there's still time.
I thought this suited the square crop and I added a sort of subtle Orton Effect. Having browsed the web for Orton tutorials and with every one being somehow different I'm not sure that I succeeded with the final result.

Autumnistic by phodru, on Flickr

Hi, I'm not sure the crop works here...my eye really wants to see more of the tree and less of the FG foliage. I'd also like to see a lower perspective. I'll have to have a look at this Orion Effect.

I do like the sence of tranquility and isolation from the hecktic city scene.

Cheers.

Hi, I'm not sure the crop works here...my eye really wants to see more of the tree and less of the FG foliage. I'd also like to see a lower perspective. I'll have to have a look at this Orion Effect.

I do like the sence of tranquility and isolation from the hecktic city scene.

Cheers.
Thanks for commenting, Andy. A scene that typified Autumn was what I wanted to capture and I was swayed to compose it like this in order to cut out the bland sky which was peeping through just above and also to include the ferns at bottom left. If there had been a blue sky above I probably would have went for a composition like you said. The Orton Effect is a dreamy sort of soft focus effect and I don't think I achieved it here to it's full potential.

Back