Average Joes Le Mans Pics 2008

Edit My Images
Yes
One the way to Le Mans:

img_6097Custom.jpg

img_6105Custom.jpg

img_6158Custom.jpg

img_6160Custom.jpg

I went to Le Mans as one of a group on a Stag do. The photos I have taken were to form a photo diary. I'll spare you the stories, except to say that on Saturday With sore heads from the night before and with sore legs from sitting on the BMW Z4 for 5 hours I hobbled over to the track on Saturday morning for the warm up. This was my first taste of Serious motorsport. I wasa told to wear ear plugs but i'm deaf already and I'm glad I Didn't. Armed with the camera the first thing that struck me was the lack of clear views. This became my nemesis over the weekend as you will see below. The crowd is held behind a small fence, About 1-2 meters infront of that is an 8 ft high safety fence built after some people in the crowd were killed by wreckage..in front of that is a 3 ft wall. At ground level some of the cars are not visible over the wall, Shooting through the fence was impossible as you can see. However nothing prepared me for the speed and the sound...It was awesome!

Pre race Warm up:

img_6169Custom.jpg

img_6285Custom.jpg

img_6291Custom.jpg

I accidently adjusted some settings on the camera for this one...This is the rescued result

img_6386Custom.jpg

This is the battle I had with the fence:

img_6351Custom.jpg

I am still sorting through my race pics. I do have one or two good ones.

Papa Smurf is looking good for his age :D

was the jag pic taken on sat? if so then i was prob right in front of you.

le mans is a nightmare for track shots. when people asked for le mans advice in the other section i told them to keep the camera for taking shots of your mates, and forget about race shots. I'll be interested to see if they agree with me now that they are back :)

le mans is a nightmare for track shots. when people asked for le mans advice in the other section i told them to keep the camera for taking shots of your mates, and forget about race shots. I'll be interested to see if they agree with me now that they are back :)

Nah, just meant you had to work harder or sneak into the Marshalls enclosures:D

Actually it was bloody awful but that didnt stop me or itheers trying. Glad I didn;t splash out on hiring a 400mm lens though:woot:

Couple of nice shots Brocks :)

A nice collection of shots actually - as a photo story it tells of your trip to Le Mans pretty well.

Ok, so track action was hard to get, but I like what you've done here!

The shot in the wing mirror of your car is a cracker - must try something like that sometime!

Papa Smurf is looking good for his age :D

We were on a stag do....we made the local paper and radio 5 live / talk sport!

Aarrggh the fence has ruined them shots!!

If I'd known about the fence...The Camera would have stayed at home!

Yep, That was the Dunlop chicane on the outside of the track. You could have said hello lol! Next time can I carry your bags inside the wire?

A nice collection of shots actually - as a photo story it tells of your trip to Le Mans pretty well.

Ok, so track action was hard to get, but I like what you've done here!

The shot in the wing mirror of your car is a cracker - must try something like that sometime!

Thanks, The story is alot bigger on my motoring forums, I just spotted the mirror shot in the corner of my eye...

Back