Aviation Photography

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
I thought I'd post some of my aviation shots that I've taken over the past few years:

Falcon 900EX Easy @ Biggin Hill by SimonNicholls27, on Flickr

Landing on runway 28 just after sunrise by SimonNicholls27, on Flickr

Departing at Sunset by SimonNicholls27, on Flickr

G-ECAI by SimonNicholls27, on Flickr

Airbus A380 @ Farnborough by SimonNicholls27, on Flickr

N10187B787QATARFAB090712 by SimonNicholls27, on Flickr

I work in the industry so can be very lucky with locations etc, I lost interest over the past couple of months however have now purchased a 6D and really hoping to get back into it!

I'm very much looking forward to RIAT this year, I think it promises to be a good one!

Any critique is welcome, after all that's how one can improve their shots / work next time around!

Hello and welcome, what a nice little set of relatively unique shots.

Not a lot to say to improve really aside from two things - horizons and exposure compensation. The Citation shot is going to be hard as the runway slopes downhill and the verticals are fairly obvious and its rotating but it just doesn't look balanced to me and is a teeny bit tight in the frame. Dialling in a bit of EC on the Falcon cockpit shot and the Falcon sunset shot meant you could of played with the curves a bit more in raw and got a really nice balanced exposure with a bit more detail in. It could also do with a quick run through some noise reduction as its pretty grainy.

Oh - and the Falcon sunrise shot is brilliant, clone out the birds right in the middle of the shot and it'd be perfect. HTH :)

Sorry, I forgot to reply!

Thank you for the kind words - the Falcon shot was cropped pretty heavily but love the colours.

Will update the thread with some more pictures shortly.

Cheers,
Simon

Back