awww.......Baby Wild Rabbits

Edit My Images
Yes
165448821-L.jpg

Canon 30D with 100-400 L IS ISO 800 1/500 @ F8.0 All focus points and AI Servo ( by mistake lol )

165448874-L.jpg

Canon 30D with 100-400 L IS ISO 800 1/500 @ F8.0 All focus points and AI Servo ( by mistake )

165448916-L.jpg

Canon 30D with 100-400 L IS ISO 800 1/400 @ F7.1 Centre Focus Point and AI Servo

Mike.

They are adorable. I don't understand though why they play chicken with my car... they are smaller and will lose. One day I won't be able to swerve in time!

Awww!!!! :love: :love: :love:

There were 5 baby rabbits at the side of the road the other night.
Pulled over ... still there, gently wound down the window ... still there, leaned towards them with my camera ... a little nervous but still there!
Started to compose my shot... Idiotic Chav came racing around the corner in his jackmobile with a bass that could wake the dead ... in Japan!

So, alas, no baby rabbit shots for me! :shake:
but, these are lovely, how close were you/what lens?

There a lane near me that is like a sea of rabbits on a sunny evening. They don't blink if you're in a car, open the door a crack and it's like watching 'roaches scatter :)

Taken from about 20 - 25 ft away from the car window and then cropped, I forgot to put up the Exif and will do that now as I feel this should be added with every shot seen on here so people can at least get an idea how the shots were taken.

Canon 30D with Canon 100-400L IS lens.

Mike.

oh how adorable!!! :love: tis so sad they get run over though. I found a hurt baby rabbit on A422 the other week, really tiny, I wrapped it in my picnic blanket and took it home with me. It was not badly hurt but suffering from shock i think. Alas the little one didn,t make it :crying: :crying: :crying: and i cried! how soft am I ? :bonk:

I can confirm that she did indeed cry, and that she got a hug from her boyfriend as support!

Nice shots, well captured. :)

YEP! thanks for that Joe, and sorry for the soggy bits on your shirt! :D

Really nice and sharp.
Ladybird makes me feel very guilty at the number I eliminated. Just use the camera now

Aww very cute pictures :) First one is my favourite (y)
And yes..I also feel guilty with the baby bun that I accidentally ran over..felt like running over a pillow :(

Aww very cute pictures :) First one is my favourite (y)
And yes..I also feel guilty with the baby bun that I accidentally ran over..felt like running over a pillow :(

Aw! Elaine! you poor thing! dont feel guilty, you couldn't help what happened, It took me a long time to get over killing a deer that ran out in front of my car, was on Christmas Eve too! car was very poorly for a while too :shake: these things happen! :shrug:

Hope you dont mind me adding one Mike.
Not quite as young & cute as yours, but this is my grabshot from the side of the ride a couple of weeks ago.

I was pretty close but as you can see by his stance ... he'd already decided it was time to go :)

Exif:Canon 5D, 100mm macro, ISO 800, 1/41, F4

Bridgenorth-Bunny..jpg

Hope you dont mind me adding one Mike.
Not quite as young & cute as yours, but this is my grabshot from the side of the ride a couple of weeks ago.

I was pretty close but as you can see by his stance ... he'd already decided it was time to go :)

Exif:Canon 5D, 100mm macro, ISO 800, 1/41, F4

Nice one, all that's missing is the crosshair :D only kidding :p

Aw! Elaine! you poor thing! dont feel guilty, you couldn't help what happened, It took me a long time to get over killing a deer that ran out in front of my car, was on Christmas Eve too! car was very poorly for a while too :shake: these things happen! :shrug:

:eek: That must have shook you up a fair bit :( My brother also ran into a small deer..he cried. I have run over a hedgehog...and yes I did actually stop the car to check for punctures :coat:

:eek: That must have shook you up a fair bit :( My brother also ran into a small deer..he cried. I have run over a hedgehog...and yes I did actually stop the car to check for punctures :coat:

I cried for days! the worst thing was that it was christmas eve, if the little bugger had gone to work with Santa delivering gifts he wouldn't have been there! :( silly b**ger, that'll teach him for bunking off!!!

You folks are far to sentimental! Says me that stopped a felling job because I found a Robins nest. Another time I re routed the forwarder taking out wood cause frogs had laid eggs in the puddles on the track!

Hi,

thanks for the comments folks, I'll try and remember them next time I'm having a 'stew' ;)

Mike.

Ar lovely. I used to have a rabbitt, but one morning it was ill, and when i got back from my paper round, my dad told me it had died.:(

Back